Battery Tip

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

well i got a hookup with the dual purpose yellowtop i have. a regular yellowtop would run between $139 -$159 in the store and the dual purpose runs between $169 - $189. i'll be getting another dual purpose. i'm still thinking about getting the kinetik HC800 for a farad since it works like  200 farad and it's cheap on ebay.

can u link me with this dual purposes optima?

i have no links. seen them at pep boys and advance auto. then one of my homies had a connect with free batteries (brand new). first he got me a yellowtop (deep cycle) and then i told him about the yellowtop (dual purpse -starter and deep cycle) so i gave him the deep cycle back and got the dual purpose. just call your nearest pep boy, auto zone or advance auto, they will  have it.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest MegaloManiac

this is great and all but i don't feel like reading the dictionary... can anyone sum it up in a couple sentences ?

you can run the yellow tops as a starter battery, but the thing is you are not supose to link a pure starter battery to a deep cycle. You can damge the batteries in the long run, and they charge differently

Is this dual purpose just like one of the smaller yellows cause I get my batteries from, http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/ so, I thought that they had all of the optimas, apparently not.

they might be dual purposes, but the thing is it still is a deep cycle, which means thicker plates than the red top, so statement still stands

this is great and all but i don't feel like reading the dictionary... can anyone sum it up in a couple sentences ?

what about red and yellow mixed together ??

and is kinetk 2400 considered a started batt ?

you can run the yellow tops as a starter battery, but the thing is you are not supose to link a pure starter battery to a deep cycle. You can damge the batteries in the long run, and they charge differently

Guest MegaloManiac

what about red and yellow mixed together ??

and is kinetk 2400 considered a started batt ?

im confused

Guest MegaloManiac

would it harm the batteries if i made the yellow or red a starter batt and just used another red or yellow as for the system only ??

and is the kinetk 2400 hc considered a starter battery ??

can't be that confusing !

no what was confusing was that u wrote ur question inside the quote lol.

but you can run them as a starter battery, but we're talking about a 2nd battery that will linked together, thats when you shouldnt mix batteries without some form of isolation

Archived