Battery Tip

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

It seems to make sence IMO. Bigger plates in the batteries should have an effect on it, right? But if you,or anyone else can prove these statements are wrong, im all ears as well as everyone else.

But who knows maybe they are like BOSE

Guest MegaloManiac

no,  I was just having fun, I have no Idea.

I do know a deep cycle batt is differrent form a regular car batt, I just dont know what inside of them makes them diff.

oh ok, thats cool, hey i hope your toe feels better

Guest MegaloManiac

the GEL inside a deep cycle.. not no acid man !~!~!

u sound like you're on acid mang....

but all Optimas have the gel, its jsut the plate size that truely makes them diferent

regardless the dual purpose yellowtop battery can be used as a starter and deep cycle battery. while the red as thinner plates and the yellow has thicker, well let's just say the dual purpose is between thin and thick. one thing i do know is the yellowtop(deep cycle) only did 650 CCA and the dual purpose yellowtop does 850CCA.  heck here's a picture. it's dark outside but the flash on my digital camera worked ok.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest MegaloManiac

regardless the dual purpose yellowtop battery can be used as a starter and deep cycle battery. while the red as thinner plates and the yellow has thicker, well let's just say the dual purpose is between thin and thick. one thing i do know is the yellowtop(deep cycle) only did 650 CCA and the dual purpose yellowtop does 850CCA.  heck here's a picture. it's dark outside but the flash on my digital camera worked ok.

Posted Image

Posted Image

my point was they charge differently at different rates

edit: i looked at mine today, its also the same bat as yours. but im not runnning dual batteries yet

Archived