Sundown Audio

Need amp recomendations

Luda

Overrated IMO

PA A3000db, over rated? How?

im guessing he assumes that they do 3k which they dont

I know they don't Power Acoustik says they do 2300rms, they probably do 2000rms but for only $300 with warranty you can't really beat that. Plus they can take quite a beating.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant as in the power they really put out. They don't put out what pa says they do. Not saying anything bad about the amp, I've heard nothing but good things about the abuse it can take.

well your wrong there, they do put out the 2300 they say they do just alot of people assume they are 3k amps.  they are cheap amps, so you cant do all the stuff people do with expensive amps like low low ohms or whatever

I'm not trying to say it's a bad amp, not at all. I've heard from alot of people they're great amps.

I know they're 2300rms at 1ohm and 3000max (but max don't matter). I've just heard they really don't do 2300 at 1ohm.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad amp, not at all. I've heard from alot of people they're great amps.

I know they're 2300rms at 1ohm and 3000max (but max don't matter). I've just heard they really don't do 2300 at 1ohm.

and im saying that you heard wrong.  i hate when stuff like that is said on forums...I heard this or i heard that.  All that does it sprout more bullshit and brand hate.

mt old setup got jacked, and im getting 2 for 250$. and im just going by my experience with alpine[had 2 type Rs, threw 900WRMS @ them daily @ they loved it] and what ive seen people running.

but it looks like im going to start with 1kwrms and run one of them in a Tline, see how that sounds and move on from there.

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

Archived