Sonic Electronix

Good luck- I'm very sure a durango is smaller than a tahoe and I know how hard it was to get 20ft net without making it a 2 seater. Is that what you have in mind?

The more alts and batts the better, figure if you're doing 8000rms an MLA module and 2nd/3rd alt would be nice. Again as many batts as you can realistically fit- 3,4,5, whatever.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

If you have this many questions and your running boss amps IMO I think you have no business with those subs....and making minimum wage its gonna take your forever to afford everything your gonna need... your looking at $2k for subs atleast $3k for amps another $1K in batteries atleast.... another $1k in materials/wire/alt/etc. I'm gonna go ahead and say this isn't gonna happen...

u can say what u want im 17 and in no hurry so its gonna happen i dont care how long it takes and who are u to say what subs i have and dont have nuisness with and im not runnin boss amps i just have them and they sounded pretty good with my last setup didnt have any problems with them and they are plenty powerful this system im workin on is a daily system in a daily drivin car i dont need to power them all the way cause i see no need they will be plenty loud

You can use those amps but realistically it sort of defeats the purpose of getting the most high end sub Fi makes. A BL or SSD would probably handle those amps fine. Not knocking you bro- just saying unless you plan on buying better amps you could have 4 18s in there much quicker with similar results with a lower line sub. 2000 in sub vs 1200 in sub.

*also with those amps I'd just get a mla mod and a h/o alt with a few batteries. You'll need much less electical upgrades with <4000rms than you would 8000+.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Good luck- I'm very sure a durango is smaller than a tahoe and I know how hard it was to get 20ft net without making it a 2 seater. Is that what you have in mind?

The more alts and batts the better, figure if you're doing 8000rms an MLA module and 2nd/3rd alt would be nice. Again as many batts as you can realistically fit- 3,4,5, whatever.

iv measured it out and it will actually fit if i put down the third row but just barely il have like 2 insches from the back hatch i built a mok up box out of card board and put it in and it will work but i dont know where to stick the batts and amps would bolting them to the box be a good idea or should i put them like under the seat and stuf

You can use those amps but realistically it sort of defeats the purpose of getting the most high end sub Fi makes. A BL or SSD would probably handle those amps fine. Not knocking you bro- just saying unless you plan on buying better amps you could have 4 18s in there much quicker with similar results with a lower line sub. 2000 in sub vs 1200 in sub.

*also with those amps I'd just get a mla mod and a h/o alt with a few batteries. You'll need much less electical upgrades with <4000rms than you would 8000+.

^^^^^ No1 is knocking you and if anyone knows what hardwork is I do I wash dishes for minimum wage and the restaurant I work for always understaffs so you get worked to death...I'm 17 aswell and you're really underestimating what your getting into get BLs they will get really loud and take alot less power to do it.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

If you have this many questions and your running boss amps IMO I think you have no business with those subs....and making minimum wage its gonna take your forever to afford everything your gonna need... your looking at $2k for subs atleast $3k for amps another $1K in batteries atleast.... another $1k in materials/wire/alt/etc. I'm gonna go ahead and say this isn't gonna happen...

edit: and I'm trying to be a downer I just think your underestimating what it takes to run 4 fully loaded BTLs IMHO I could see you doing well with 4 18" BLs that would be alot easier but still expensive.

yeah and im not tryin to sound like a dick or anything when i replied last time i got alot of questions cause i dont know a hole lot bout audio the setups i have down have ben pretty simple im doin this for a challenge and if it goes good and i can do it without major problems theres a school for audio setups down here and id like to open a shop and do it for a livin

yeah and im not tryin to sound like a dick or anything when i replied last time i got alot of questions cause i dont know a hole lot bout audio the setups i have down have ben pretty simple im doin this for a challenge and if it goes good and i can do it without major problems theres a school for audio setups down here and id like to open a shop and do it for a livin

I *really* dont think you understand what people have been saying. This is going to be VERY expensive. If you dont ditch the boss amps, why even bother? It's obvious(Im not trying to be a dick here) that you dont have much experience installing/building etc(you even said so yourself) so this is going to be a huge undertaking. Why not start smaller...a couple BL's or some LVL 3's? Hell, ONE Btl. Get some experience under your belt before you start messing with thousands of dollars in equipment.

hope all goes well 4 u tyler man, im 17 and wish i could do that, but Aus is shit so many sound laws etc. Good luck hope all goes well :P

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

i have an 01 durango as well and unless you wall it or build a box thats 5 or 6 inches from the cieling its not gonna happen. your gonna need at least 20 cubes after wood/bracing and port displacment and thats going to be really hard to get without a wall. honestly man if i were you i would go with a lower model. you could even keep your amps then if you want (although im not a fan of boss amps, i have found them to be way over rated so keep this in mind.) i have a done a build with 4 15" ssds and a build with 2 15" bls (which did a 149 on music), and although they arent btls there still going to get pretty loud, way louder then the average car on the streets. this way you could do 2 boss amps if you already have them. and then i would either go with 2 18" BL's or 4 15" ssd's. then you could probably get away with just a big alt. a couple runs of 1/0 and a few batteries. no ones trying to say you cant do it or talk crap there just trying to help. no matter how many build pics you see you wont understand how hard it is to do 4 18" Btl's and all the equipment to properly run them until you actuall do it. start out small with somthing easier and work your way up once you can afford the rest of the equipment. cuz honestly your probably gonna need atleast 8 grand to do the btl's with everything you need.

oh and if you take out there 3rd seat. there is a drop off in the floor where it folds down into. if you build a platform there for the box to sit on. you should have some room underneath it for batts/amps/ect....