New Alternator, old wiring

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not positive on your toyota, but usually there is an adjustable bracket on one of the accessory brackets.  just loosen the bolts and pull on it till it gets the proper tension.  then tighten bolts back up.  like i said not positive on the camry though. i also dont think there is a stand alone tensioner arm on it like some of the domestics, so look around at all the pullyes around the belt and you should find a slotted mounting bracket to adjust it with.  hope that helps.

I switched it back today and got it to fit right but voltage still drops at idle. When I'm driving I keep a 13.8v. With tha system on and up loud I only drop to tha 12s but with it down and just idling it drops into tha 10s. I went to an audio shop close by and he told me i might just need a new battery(anyone lookin to get rid of a battery ;D). I set up an appointment to have them get a good look at it on next tuesday but i jus wanted to give everybody an update and take more suggestion. to everyone thats help me so far, thank you!

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

get you a good optima or kinetik battery bro. hope that helps

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module