grounding

is it always best to ground to the chassis of your vehicle or my battery (only if there is one in my trunk) and is true to keep my ground wire short as possible (no longer than 3ft or shorter)

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

depends on actual resistance... but they are both good places to ground and honestly the best ground is doing both. And yes you want your grounds to be as short as possible

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

yea...i always ground my battery to the frame then do a direct run from front battery to rear battery ground (or front battery to amp ground-if no 2nd battery)...i have always heard you less of a voltage drop with a direct run...ive never tested it, but thats what ive heard

i likes me some audio stuff...

like i said depends on resistance... the battery usually has a lot lower resistance then the frame but it usually takes a longer run of wire

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i always thought the longer the run the more resistance. i see lot of people grounding from the front battery which is cool if you have the money to buy and extra load of ground wire. i think i might run some from the front - to back when i get my kinetik hc800

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

your right... it also has to do with the size of wire as well. (bigger wire has less) so if you only gound to the battery using 8g wire then you might not have really got the lowere resistance. But if say your battery is in the back and you use 1/0 then it is a good idea.... but again even in that great of a situation i would do the frame as well. Current will travel the path of least resistance so its better to be safe then sorry

Archived