Second Skin Audio

port length

mojoman

i have been searching for this little info and cant find it.  does anybody know of a place or just tell me how to determine the port length of an "L" shaped vent?  not tuning or anything, just where to measure the port for its length.  do you measure the longest wall or the middle of the vent?

wouldnt mind having this cleared up for me as well...which of the following is correct (or something entirely different)

Pic 1: length=A+B+.5 of the width of the port....for end correction

portwalls.jpg

Pic 2:length=A+B+.5 of the width of the port....for end correction

the dotted line represents the middle of the port

middleofport.jpg

i likes me some audio stuff...

on realmofexcursion.com go to car audio 911 and click on WinISD.

It shows that the port length is the length of the actual wood that is cut out. here is a link but you have to click on WinISD on the left side of the screen and read it, its not very long and is very informative on building slot port boxes.

scroll down to this part (it has a picture that goes along with it.

If you look at this drawing you can see you have to maintain a 3 1/2 in inch wide port the entire time. This means you have to stop 4 1/4 inches from the back slab to maintain the 3 1/2 in for your port. So we have Our width of the box Minus our first port board which. So it is 22 - 4 1/4 = 17 3/4 inches. EAsy!! So that we now have our first port board length, we can now subtract 17 3/4 from or starting port length! 34 5/16 - 17 3/4 = 16 9/16.

let me know what you think....

Baylor University

Accounting

if that is the right way why wouldnt you just measure from the front of the port to the back of the port, and then measure from the left side to the right side of the 2nd piece of the port.(to be more descriptive on the 2nd measurement it is the measurement of B on the first diagram that was previously posted.)

So like, the first diagram, use that diagram but extend the measurement of A to the back of the port, but keep the measurement of B the same. It seems the same as A+B+half of hte width

Baylor University

Accounting

if that is the right way why wouldnt you just measure from the front of the port to the back of the port, and then measure from the left side to the right side of the 2nd piece of the port.(to be more descriptive on the 2nd measurement it is the measurement of B on the first diagram that was previously posted.)

So like, the first diagram, use that diagram but extend the measurement of A to the back of the port, but keep the measurement of B the same. It seems the same as A+B+half of hte width

because thats just the way it works is why, alot of information on ROE is wrong, i didnt check out what your talking about but, i know that the second picture is the CORRECT measurement

Archived