Second Skin Audio

4 8'' Woofers Equal To 2 12's

i got 2 mtx 6000 8's dual 4ohm in my truck for midbass but they hit lows like nothin ive seen befor for an 8 but it takes a big box to do so tho lol, 8's in the right box sound better than a 12 in my opinion just dont over power em, and if there goin in ur truck ied atleast devide each sub to is own chamber, i made a box for mine just for fun and they sounded ok but like shit ina non devided box, ied do atleast 1cf for each sub tho sealed, ied do a downfire box or make somethin custom with teh cubby holes and put an enclosure down in it and put amps on front and maby port out the top or so, but theres this also, lets say u got 4 8's with 200rms goin to each thats 800watts for those and they pritty loud with that but then u have this were u can have 2 12's with 500-800rms goin to each and get prolly twice as loud but dont quote me on that, theres always a varable in car audio tho, but ied get wL<3bass's 8's he has, cause pete from ttb had 2 rlp 8's in a ported box and it burped a 149 in one of his vids befor they welded so i asume on music they would wang, so 8's are efficent on diff notes they play midbass as well as low bass also so they will help ur mid n high's than take away from em, and plus those sundown 8's look sick to, and a brotha need to keep from walkin everywere sence this gas is so damn expencive, hope this helps ur question man and good luck with ur truck

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i got 2 mtx 6000 8's dual 4ohm in my truck for midbass but they hit lows like nothin ive seen befor for an 8 but it takes a big box to do so tho lol, 8's in the right box sound better than a 12 in my opinion just dont over power em, and if there goin in ur truck ied atleast devide each sub to is own chamber, i made a box for mine just for fun and they sounded ok but like shit ina non devided box, ied do atleast 1cf for each sub tho sealed, ied do a downfire box or make somethin custom with teh cubby holes and put an enclosure down in it and put amps on front and maby port out the top or so, but theres this also, lets say u got 4 8's with 200rms goin to each thats 800watts for those and they pritty loud with that but then u have this were u can have 2 12's with 500-800rms goin to each and get prolly twice as loud but dont quote me on that, theres always a varable in car audio tho, but ied get wL<3bass's 8's he has, cause pete from ttb had 2 rlp 8's in a ported box and it burped a 149 in one of his vids befor they welded so i asume on music they would wang, so 8's are efficent on diff notes they play midbass as well as low bass also so they will help ur mid n high's than take away from em, and plus those sundown 8's look sick to, and a brotha need to keep from walkin everywere sence this gas is so damn expencive, hope this helps ur question man and good luck with ur truck

I WOULD LOVE TO BUY THOSE SUNDOWNS , but unfortunatly i aint got no $$$ :angry: so 8's sound good ?? then when i get some $ , i will get some . i just dropped all the cash i had into putting a used engine into my toyota mini-truck . it really sucks being broke !!!! :( anyhow , should i try to run 4 sealed or 2 ported ??? thanks for all the input !!!!

i run a few 8's :) and yes...they sound like any other size woofer. you cant tell the difference. matter of fact...i think ima run 8's for a long while. cone area + wow factor = good :)

same question to you , 4 sealed or 2 ported , how were you running yours ??

same question to you , 4 sealed or 2 ported , how were you running yours ??

he's running 32 8"s in a ported clamshell.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo