Does Rtv Sealant Stop Engine Leaks ?

thanks for the offer !!!! i think im gonna try the rtv one more time than if it does not work , i will have my mechanic show me how to pull the heads off and do it ''the right way'' ..... but again thanks for your offer , really nice to hear :)

Hey man I was talking to a buddy of mine he has a few yotas and I asked him if its hard to do the head gasket on he said its pretty easy he isnt the brighest kid either so im guessing if he can do it you can do it also

Hey man I was talking to a buddy of mine he has a few yotas and I asked him if its hard to do the head gasket on he said its pretty easy he isnt the brighest kid either so im guessing if he can do it you can do it also

im still debating it ..............

Did the RTV work? If you do change the head gasket be sure to put a MLS (Multi Layer Steel) gasket back on it. Then you will never have to worry about it ever again. We use MSL on out 17deg Small block Chevy in our drag radial car (Street car) and we shoot Three kits to it, 300hp on the 1st,250 on the 2nd and another 150hp on the 3rd. Even with all that we have never blown one. So for your truck I would say the MLS would out last the vehicle.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Did the RTV work? If you do change the head gasket be sure to put a MLS (Multi Layer Steel) gasket back on it. Then you will never have to worry about it ever again. We use MSL on out 17deg Small block Chevy in our drag radial car (Street car) and we shoot Three kits to it, 300hp on the 1st,250 on the 2nd and another 150hp on the 3rd. Even with all that we have never blown one. So for your truck I would say the MLS would out last the vehicle.

Shannon

do they make one for a 22re motor ????

you have the easyst truck to do head work. but sins its used i wouldnt dick with it there could be hilicoils or something crazy you never know. Just keep adding oil untill your budy has time to fix it.

you have the easyst truck to do head work. but sins its used i wouldnt dick with it there could be hilicoils or something crazy you never know. Just keep adding oil untill your budy has time to fix it.

im gonna try the RTV sealant one more time then wait for my mechanic fix it , i would probably fuck it up then i would be back to no truck cause i don't have more cash for another engine !!! i gots to use this truck to get some work going ..........

do they make one for a 22re motor ????

Yes. I don't have a import catalog to get you the part number. (Sorry man) Good luck on your fix.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Yes. I don't have a import catalog to get you the part number. (Sorry man) Good luck on your fix.

Shannon

thanks , i think i might just take BIG P's advice and just leave it to my mechanic , i dont want to fuck it up .........

Edited by toyonbags

worse case scenario- warped head

I had the same issue with my step daughters inline 200 on her mustang, finally just lost compression in the rear 2 cylinders, and a second head gasket later- gave up on it, and didn't want to pay to have the head machined, so got a 289 instead

RTV is a bad use for head gaskets

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

worse case scenario- warped head

I had the same issue with my step daughters inline 200 on her mustang, finally just lost compression in the rear 2 cylinders, and a second head gasket later- gave up on it, and didn't want to pay to have the head machined, so got a 289 instead

RTV is a bad use for head gaskets

i wasnt using it as a gasket , just trying to patch up a oil leak around the head ......