Sonic Electronix

i was giving a demo to my friends.

so i turned the car on, revved it up. played it full tilt for about 10 seconds, paused it. then asked them what they think. then after that there is no sound coming from my speakers and subs.

noticed the amps are not turning on.

even when i restarted everything none of the amps are still turning on.

checked the remote wire connections, it was all intact.

btw, the headunit is turning on and fully working.

the fans that is connected to my relay which is connected also connected to the remote turn on is not working.

what do you think is the problem?

i need help urgent.

i have an alpine 9887 headunit

Edited by kentb

check the amp fuses, head unit fuse, under hood fuse, grounds and you need a volt meeter to make sure you have power at the amp

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

check the amp fuses, head unit fuse, under hood fuse, grounds and you need a volt meeter to make sure you have power at the amp

how do you check the headunit fuse? or do i have to? because its working. just not turning on thee amps

it might be some connection somewhre, im gonna triple check it. if it doesn't work im gonna try another headunit

seening now that the remote isnt geting power isnt a good thing, you could possibly have messed up the head unit, a way to ghetto check the amp, take a jumper wire and put from the remote location on the amp and jump it over to the power spot on the amp (not the ground) and if the amp comes on then the remote is either broken/disconnected or failed inside the head unit

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

seening now that the remote isnt geting power isnt a good thing, you could possibly have messed up the head unit, a way to ghetto check the amp, take a jumper wire and put from the remote location on the amp and jump it over to the power spot on the amp (not the ground) and if the amp comes on then the remote is either broken/disconnected or failed inside the head unit

that is what i am fearing. i need it later for tailgate.. if ever the headunit is broken ill just borrow one from my brother in law.

good thing i bought the headunit from crutchfield and it has a warranty.

well just because the headunit remote doesnt work dont make the unit useless, you can just use a toggle switch if needbe to bypass the headunits.

but if it has a warr then exchange it for sure. but the jumper wire is a sure way to test the amp, and if it comes on then you will know the problem lies in the remote wire and you can then replace the whole wire from the head unit to the amp or check the connections even the ones under tape and or crimps.

well just because the headunit remote doesnt work dont make the unit useless, you can just use a toggle switch if needbe to bypass the headunits.

but if it has a warr then exchange it for sure. but the jumper wire is a sure way to test the amp, and if it comes on then you will know the problem lies in the remote wire and you can then replace the whole wire from the head unit to the amp or check the connections even the ones under tape and or crimps.

thanks for the help!

i will definitely do that

for some odd reason i ran a jumper wire and it turned the amp on.

turned off the car, took out the jumper wire turn the car back on and it worked!