A rs 7 in the front will support a v8 no problem

they dont make RS bags anymore ( excuse BIG P , he's riding on some OLD ass bags , j/k bro :rofl: ) they are either RE ( single port , 200 psi ) HE ( dual port , 400 psi ) or XS ( dual port , 600 psi ) definitely go with the Slam Specialties bags , they are THE best you can get ( no, the dominators are not better ; less lift and not as good of ride ) don't worry about them holding up the weight of your engine , they use these bags all the time on crew cab duallies with heavy ass 454 big blocks !!!!!!.....................

Edited by toyonbags

A s10 frame in good shape not rusted can handle a v8 no problem. Dont forget a vortech v6 is nothing more than a v8 with 2 cylinders chopped off.

Bagging and doing a v8 swap can be a really easy week end project. If you plan ahead it can be almost plug and play. Ive done one to pass smog and it was simple. Ive done a few v8 swaps that didnt need to be smoged and thats easier when dealing with odb1. 97 s10 Is the worst year to a swap in because you need to run 2 computers. the stock one for the speedometer and all that fun stuff and another to run the engine. Thats the year s10 I currently have :( It will get a v8 soon tho. I have a kit from advanced adapters and a computer and wire harness from Current Performance So as soon as I finish some other stuff on the truck a v8 will be in order.

This web site should help you out tons http://www.v8s10.org/forum/index.php

they dont make RS bags anymore ( excuse BIG P , he's riding on some OLD ass bags , j/k bro :rofl: ) they are either RE ( single port , 200 psi ) HE ( dual port , 400 psi ) or XS ( dual port , 600 psi ) definitely go with the Slam Specialties bags , they are THE best you can get ( no, the dominators are not better ; less lift and not as good of ride ) don't worry about them holding up the weight of your engine , they use these bags all the time on crew cab duallies with heavy ass 454 big blocks !!!!!!.....................

Yea i forgot lol. I cant help it my bags are like 3 or 4 years old lol the front bags came off another truck to. I might be time to change them out maybe. I found a split in my rear bags.

Yea i forgot lol. I cant help it my bags are like 3 or 4 years old lol the front bags came off another truck to. I might be time to change them out maybe. I found a split in my rear bags.

yup , time to call nick !!!!!!! get them RE7's up front , RE8's out back on them bars ............................... :clapping:

I was thinking about going down to 6 because even with shocks its really soft and bouncy and it doesnt need much pressure changes to drastically change the ride hight Right now i think im driving the rear at 65 psi. 60 psi give or take and im dragging the ground.

im runnin RE6's up front with 7's out back , i imagine my truck is alot lighter than yours !!! when driving i have 75-90 psi up front , to get full lock is about 110 psi . on the highway i run about 75 psi . out back i run 20-35 psi normally , with 20-25 psi highway . but take into account that i got a little 4 banger and a stock floor bed thats been sectioned a good 7-8''s !!! also , i was thinking about getting a 145-175 pressure switch , but it will only save me about 45 seconds (tank fill time) , so maybe not :unsure: but i might want that extra psi for when i put in the parkers (3/4'') .just got to get some $$$ to do it , the fuckin fittings are gonna run about a hundred or so !!!!! I will only use the parker brass PTC's , i love those things , they are solid and heavy duty . so anyhow , all us minitruckers are some broke motherfuckers , so one of these days ....................... oh yeah , if you got the 4.3 in your s10 , i would not go for the RE6's , if your spring pocket is already cut for 7's , use them ( the 7's ) . the 6's have 10'' of lift , the 7's have 11'' , you know that extra inch seems like a lot when it comes to lift !!! hopefully, one of these days when i get a super lift ( bags on bar ) setup , i might try the RE8's ( 12'' of lift ) but that seems like it might be awhile away :sad: .................

Edited by toyonbags

im going down to a 6 in the rear.

The angle of the A arm and were the bag sits on the a arm really kills it for S10s. It affects every thing just as much if not more then having just a lighter motor. Ive ridden in tons of 4 cylinder S10s with 2600 pound bags and they all ride to damn hard. S10 a arms dont come strait out they come out at a angle tords the cab. when you lay out the wheel actually goes back tords the cab. Look at a layed out s10 with stock arms you will see the front wheels dont sit strait in the wheel wells the angled a arms is why it does that also makes harder to hop them.

you know with the 6's , you will require more psi to acheive the same amount of lift of the 7's . that equates to a rougher ride . have you thought about taller cups ?? that way you dont have to compensate by putting higher psi to acheive a certain ride height , the cups will make up for it and you can go with lower psi , equaling a softer ride . i just think you can't get a better ride quallity by going smaller in bag size ......................

A s10 frame in good shape not rusted can handle a v8 no problem. Dont forget a vortech v6 is nothing more than a v8 with 2 cylinders chopped off.

Bagging and doing a v8 swap can be a really easy week end project. If you plan ahead it can be almost plug and play. Ive done one to pass smog and it was simple. Ive done a few v8 swaps that didnt need to be smoged and thats easier when dealing with odb1. 97 s10 Is the worst year to a swap in because you need to run 2 computers. the stock one for the speedometer and all that fun stuff and another to run the engine. Thats the year s10 I currently have :( It will get a v8 soon tho. I have a kit from advanced adapters and a computer and wire harness from Current Performance So as soon as I finish some other stuff on the truck a v8 will be in order.

This web site should help you out tons http://www.v8s10.org/forum/index.php

I checked into that (v8 swap) and they say there's alot of rules to doing it , you have to put in the same year or newer engine , not like an old hotrod , where you can throw in whatever you want , but here in california , we got strict smog laws and then you have to have it pass an inspection from a referee from the dmv , not just smog ..........