94 Civic Spl Enclosure Trunk Only

SPL KID

oh and my teammate has a 95 i think and they are alil bit different and not quite as loud i think he was a db down from me BUUUUT his car was alittle rough so thats not a good comparison........

Try sealing all the holes in the doors your door is like a shell the part right behind the door panel if you cover all those hole you should pick up atleast .5db then if you cover the speaker cut out youll gain another .3db

First thing i did was seal those up (doors). I have to redo it i was just outside earlier playing around with the car and the door panels are about to throw the side moldings off now. So I know it's in the 150's now for sure, It hurts to listen to music in it and I believe the frequency has gone up to like 53-54Hz. will be getting my meter Tuesday so i'll know for sure then but it seems louder on the music then tones now......

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First thing i did was seal those up (doors). I have to redo it i was just outside earlier playing around with the car and the door panels are about to throw the side moldings off now. So I know it's in the 150's now for sure, It hurts to listen to music in it and I believe the frequency has gone up to like 53-54Hz. will be getting my meter Tuesday so i'll know for sure then but it seems louder on the music then tones now......

yea sometimes if its soundds louder by ear and on music does not mean it will meter louder......you GOTTA get yourself a TL makes testing so much easier lol...also KEEP A NOTEBOOK and note every single thing you change or try also check voltage, impedance rise, power, etc and keep track of how your car was when you did each number adn so on....

SWAT TEAM

TIM DOUGHERTY

09 USACI FINALS WORLD CHAMP TRUNK UNLIMITED 156.5db.....(157.6 in the bay but dont count cuz not recorded)

07 usaci finals 1801-3k 2nd

08 usaci finals 1801-3k 2nd

3X record holder-

USACi Stock 3K+ 155.1 legal

USACi Stock 1801-3k 156.9 legal

USACi Stock 1801-3k 160.9 OUTLAW

LOL I've done so many undocumented things to this car it's to late to keep a notebook for it. I still have my CRX to work on next but I think i'll just make that a loud daily. To many out there competing now to invest in that. What do you suggesting for matting the doors with I plan on pulling the old stuff off and redoing it. Also did you do the back behind the panels in matting you know next to the rear seat armrest? Those are hella big openings!

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

LOL I've done so many undocumented things to this car it's to late to keep a notebook for it. I still have my CRX to work on next but I think i'll just make that a loud daily. To many out there competing now to invest in that. What do you suggesting for matting the doors with I plan on pulling the old stuff off and redoing it. Also did you do the back behind the panels in matting you know next to the rear seat armrest? Those are hella big openings!

well lets just say you gain .6 to .7 pullin the panels out but matting doesnt gain when they are out but when they go back in it does the same number in as they do out.............lol confuse ya???? so yea you gain .6 to .7 matting those shut........Yea ive also competed with my crx for 4 years now its just not fun anymore because when you hit a certain point they break.....and then good luck finding where mine broke last year during testing so now ive got 4 tens in a 6 cube box tuned aroun 28hz lol

SWAT TEAM

TIM DOUGHERTY

09 USACI FINALS WORLD CHAMP TRUNK UNLIMITED 156.5db.....(157.6 in the bay but dont count cuz not recorded)

3X record holder-

and its never to late for a notebook lol

SWAT TEAM

TIM DOUGHERTY

3X record holder-

you got a PM... I may have to I was thinking about using the Aero's but have a comp in couple days so couldn't wait for them to come in. But the 6"s were in the original plans. I am having issues at mid volumes with subs rear waves hitting port inside the box. There's only like a inch behind one of the subs and it reverbs bad half mass. Full tilt you can't hear it or the problem goes away. I plan on upgrading subs so I need to Rebuild a box anyway as the new subs are deeper and it would cause more of a problem trying to reuse the enclosure i just built. So tomm since I have time i may build a secondary enclosure and order ports and if they come in i'll use that box instead.

did you use the box daily for music. This one sounds great except for the reverb. And it's made of Birch. What materials did you use?

Curtis are you going o make the show in Sumter SC on the 14th? I am sure it will be a great show!! there seems to be a bunch of trunk cars comming out now?!! See you saturday!

Damn timmy giving out all the good info for loud civic trunks. I'm going to try both your and chilcott's box design in my accord hopefully she works.

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2

Damn timmy giving out all the good info for loud civic trunks. I'm going to try both your and chilcott's box design in my accord hopefully she works.

Pm me this chilcott's box design. Twisted's is failing for me as my subs are to deep. I need an external port config. I did get a 150 out of it before my ignition module failed and car died in the driveway. It is not doing well on music I'm down 2 Db to a 146.1 but up on tones.

Archived