Bagging A 2007 Tahoe On 24"s

ya pretty much my mom doesnt have big rims oh hers it came stock with 22s on it but she does have some pretty agressive tires on it that are pretty wide and they dont rub or anything so ya you should be just fine with the width you have now

im scrubbin in the front lol...cause my big fatass tires

like every one said , take care of the wheel issue , but just so you know that there is alot of fabrication that needs to be done to it . hope your pockets are deep !!!! who ever is gonna do it has to re-tub the sheet metal/body at the rear doors , since your wanting to go with 26's . if you do sell your wheels , i think you should go with 22's . then you won't have to do the forementioned body work . your also gonna lose your inner fender wheels , gonna have to relocate everything that was bolted to them (inner fenderwells) . you might suggest to the the guy thats gonna do the bag job is to relocate the master brake cylinder to under your dash . just so you have an idea of all that is involved , go to minitruckin.com , look up tahoe's on 26's that have been bagged and check out the article and it will tell you all that's been done to it . but then again , if your just gonna bag it like chickens's , you can just bag it and not do to much to it , but i don't think you should bag it then in the first place if you dont want it to at least lay frame , kinda of a waste cause you only getting about 5-6 inches of drop/lift , that's just my opinion , shit , maybe you shouldn't listen to me , im a die-hard minitrucker with a bagged and bodydropped toyota that lays the body on the ground , so my comments and suggestions might be a little extreme when it comes to this stuff :D , good luck with your project.............

like every one said , take care of the wheel issue , but just so you know that there is alot of fabrication that needs to be done to it . hope your pockets are deep !!!! who ever is gonna do it has to re-tub the sheet metal/body at the rear doors , since your wanting to go with 26's . if you do sell your wheels , i think you should go with 22's . then you won't have to do the forementioned body work . your also gonna lose your inner fender wheels , gonna have to relocate everything that was bolted to them (inner fenderwells) . you might suggest to the the guy thats gonna do the bag job is to relocate the master brake cylinder to under your dash . just so you have an idea of all that is involved , go to minitruckin.com , look up tahoe's on 26's that have been bagged and check out the article and it will tell you all that's been done to it . but then again , if your just gonna bag it like chickens's , you can just bag it and not do to much to it , but i don't think you should bag it then in the first place if you dont want it to at least lay frame , kinda of a waste cause you only getting about 5-6 inches of drop/lift , that's just my opinion , shit , maybe you shouldn't listen to me , im a die-hard minitrucker with a bagged and bodydropped toyota that lays the body on the ground , so my comments and suggestions might be a little extreme when it comes to this stuff :D , good luck with your project.............

...you don't need to lay frame to bag a truck(not trying to sound mean) and we aren't going to do that much metal work, yea mayb cut the fenders some and some other things, but its only a 2007 and a daily driver!!...but I went and talked to the guy doing it and he said that he wants to bag it on the stocks, and take measurements to see how far down it will go...then throw my rims on it and see what we are left with...The tires I have on my rims aren't flush with the rims either...they stick outa kind of far...so he thinks that we may just need to change the tires. And if I were to get different rims I wouldn't get bigger than 24"s probally. Also I am having trouble getting to the website...can u give me a direct link?

Thanks for the help!!

Sounds like hes never bagged your type of truck I wouldnt goto him unless hes helping you in your garage. Why pay some one to learn on your ride?

very true , you got to remember that when doing an air bag suspension , the vehicle is being re-designed and that it should be as good or better in design , function , and safety , than before anything has been done to it . so remember , yours and anyone's that's riding with you, lives depend on it . these kinds of modifications ain't cheap , have it done correctly the first time . to many people get half-ass work done only to have to get it redone again . it's your vehicle , make a wise decision ..........

...you don't need to lay frame to bag a truck(not trying to sound mean) and we aren't going to do that much metal work, yea mayb cut the fenders some and some other things, but its only a 2007 and a daily driver!!...but I went and talked to the guy doing it and he said that he wants to bag it on the stocks, and take measurements to see how far down it will go...then throw my rims on it and see what we are left with...The tires I have on my rims aren't flush with the rims either...they stick outa kind of far...so he thinks that we may just need to change the tires. And if I were to get different rims I wouldn't get bigger than 24"s probally. Also I am having trouble getting to the website...can u give me a direct link?

Thanks for the help!!

from looking at the picture of your tahoe , you are only looking at 5-6'' of travel , however many inches it is from tire to fender than if you cut the lip out of the fenders , that will only give you another couple of inches . you have to get at least 6-7'' or more of drop till you get the cambering in of the wheels your thinking of , to be able to clear the fender ..... the website is minitruckinweb.com , i don't know how to put up a direct link on this forum .............. when you go on the website , type in '' nationwide shop directory '' in the search box in the upper left corner , look up shops in florida , call around and check to see if they have done your kind of vehicle , i dont know where Melbourne is in relation to other shops in florida , so check it out ...............

Archived