Mmmm...red Cheby Some Kicker...some Quart.....brooks....youbetter Have Some Pics///

from my expierences the vinyl that has the furry type backing on it does not stretch as good as a clean backed vinyl, there is a trick to stretching vinyl tho, and thats using a heat gun, or a hair drier which will make the vinyl more flimsy and rubbery for getting precise curves, but you must be careful not to heat it up too much or stay in one spot too long because it will shrink the vinyl or cause blisters ruining the finish.

from my expierences the vinyl that has the furry type backing on it does not stretch as good as a clean backed vinyl, there is a trick to stretching vinyl tho, and thats using a heat gun, or a hair drier which will make the vinyl more flimsy and rubbery for getting precise curves, but you must be careful not to heat it up too much or stay in one spot too long because it will shrink the vinyl or cause blisters ruining the finish.

One more trick... use good glue! don't just get some cheap glue! the stuff we use when doing vinyl we shoot out of a gun... and truthfully i think it is contact cement... the can has no label on it... lol but it acts like contact cement.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 6 months later...

Archived