Sonic Electronix

yea worst grills ever...they have motors underneath them getting within centimeters to a centimeter away from the cone so as soon as the woofer plays either a dented or cracked cone...NEVER BUY THEM

thats not totally tru chode it all depends on the brand you buy the ones i sell have more than enuff room between the grill motor and cone th_SANY0045.jpg

and as you can see that sub has some good excursion and there was still more than enough room

Edited by basshead

^^ touche`

but thats a deep dub (cone has a lot of contour) get a sub thats not as curvy (RF punch series, jl (all series) subs with boob cones fi, older RFs)

also throw in a sub with more excursion and play a low note...have fun with that

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i learned how to do the spinning sub thing, its definately not an all day every day thing, its a show-only application.

basically, they built a mount on the magnet of the sub in the center, and had 2 copper rings, one positive one negative, an armature for lack of a better word protruded from the box and had 2 brushes, one up and one down, each one touching a different ring. as far as as spinning the sub, it was basically mounted to a lazy-suzan type bearing thing, spun from the bottom

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i learned how to do the spinning sub thing, its definately not an all day every day thing, its a show-only application.

basically, they built a mount on the magnet of the sub in the center, and had 2 copper rings, one positive one negative, an armature for lack of a better word protruded from the box and had 2 brushes, one up and one down, each one touching a different ring. as far as as spinning the sub, it was basically mounted to a lazy-suzan type bearing thing, spun from the bottom

Yep same principal as slot cars!!simple

wow i had a guy come in today and had these on. he has P2s and they were literally 1 centimeter away. so as soon as any movement would have happened it would have cracked the cone. i told him take them off immediately

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

^^ touche`

but thats a deep dub (cone has a lot of contour) get a sub thats not as curvy (RF punch series, jl (all series) subs with boob cones fi, older RFs)

also throw in a sub with more excursion and play a low note...have fun with that

i haven't tried it on subs with the "boob" dust caps LOL but i have used it on beefy subs with flat dust caps in ported boxes playin lower notes with no prob and as far as excursion tha sub in the vid was movein bro but i wouldnt even think of trying it with a flat , or shallow coned sub i think anybody with common sense would mount the grill and see that it wasnt gonna work with thoes types of cones

Edited by basshead