Battery Isolator Vs. Battery Solenoid ?

Guest Just_Rob

Just to clarify a couple of things.... Your truck *should* have a 150 Amp Denso alternator, if its a Lariat, then 99.9999% sure and yes, it is PCM controlled, all F-150's from '04--> were.. For doing what your talking about doing, put dual alts on it and forget it... A GOOD dual alt kit for your truck is definitely the way to go, especially if you want to drain the batteries down... We dont recommend doing it, but if your going to do it then definitely go the dual route, you'll be WAY happy you did..

When you figure the time and $$$ investment in your system, do you not want to enjoy it?? We did a similar setup for a customer about 8 months ago running 2 145A alternators on his V-10 Excursion (different setup than your truck) and I get at LEAST one call a month from him just to tell me how much he loves it and how glad he is he went duals and he does the same thing you are intending on doing.. If your going to go duals and run the batteries down then stick with OEM output alternators, you can run the hell out of them and they wont generate enough heat in most instances to self disentigrate.. Just my .02...

Archived