BATTERY SUGGESTIONS NEEDED - Which Has The Best Bang For The Buck?

get a redtop not a yellow, i can go indepth why ;)

please enlighten me...(not being sarcastic i really wanna know)

sonicelectronic.com

for some reason they seem shady to me, but ppl have had success with them

i havent had any problems neither have my friends that have ordered. i trust them and would recommend them

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaloManiac

to sum it up the red tops have thinner plates inside so it can put out more current/power on demand. The yellow tops have thicker platers(thats the deep cycle part) so they dont wear down when u charge and discharge them completely. but im assuming you listen to your music while the car is on so the alt will keep up with the charge. im not against yellow tops, its just the redtop seems more beneficial for a single abttery under the hood with all the other accories.

more info under electrical section called "battery tip"

Thanks Megalo,

We'll I think I've decided to go with the Red Top Optima but now comes the fun part of tracking one down that can be shipped to Toronto Canada. Ebay is asking some insane prices and I know that the shipping charges are going to be up there so I need to either find a dealer that is closer to my location or find a great deal in the US that even with the shipping is affordable. My budget for the battery is under $200 after freight.

I checked the site you gave me and it shows all the Optima batterys as sold out. "Check when this item will be back in stock".

I'm going to go to plan B and check the "For Sale" forum thread on this site so wish me luck and if anyone reading this post has an Optima in good shape they want to make a quick buck on feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Cappy

lol.. we have a franchise called Canadian Tire (cough... their kinda crap.. cough) but they don't carry either Optima or Kinetic. I have a bro of mine checking with some performance shops that he does business with to track a red top down so I'll see what he comes back with.

Cheers,

Cappy

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Thanks guys, I found the battery for me through a connection I have at an install shop.

Tsunami has a Competition line of batteries that actually give out more cold cranking amps than most of the yellow & red tops.

Here's the model my shop is ordering for me:

http://www.tsunamionline.com/product.php?id=637

It's the Tsunami Competition Series X15925 with 925 "cold" cranking amps.

Thanks for the advice,

Cappy