What's up guys... As some of you may know, I've been out of the car audio game for a while. I've been busy working & stuff and I'm about to start the police academy Jan 5th. I need to get a new car before Christmas. I was going to get a g37 sedan since it has a good amount of power, not too expensive, it's a good over-all car. I have to drive about 45miles (in total) from my house to the academy every day (m-f). My local dealer is offering $3k down & $350/monthly lease. However I've been wanting to get back into car audio for a while now. I really wanted an expedition or tahoe, not sure what to do though... I'll be making $17/hr while im in the academy & $22/hr as soon as I graduate (aug 09). If I got a SUV or car that I'm really going to customize, I obviously wanted to buy it (which is going to cost more monthly). Only problem with getting an SUV is I guess the gas (my family has had 2 expos before so we know how they are on gas). Like I said I'll be driving about 45miles daily mon-fri until I graduate. Once I graduate my station is 3miles away from my house. After a year of service they give me a take home car, so the gas issue will really only be a problem for about 2 years, not even, basically till I graduate since my station is close by.

On top of all of this... I want to buy a house within 6 years from now. With that being said.. What do you guys suggest? Lease a sedan or buy an suv?

would you be able to afford the gas on the suv?if not then go for the sedan.it'll save you on gas.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

For starters, are you set on buying a brand new car? Or would you settle for a slightly used car? cause that can make quite a bit of difference right there

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

would you be able to afford the gas on the suv?if not then go for the sedan.it'll save you on gas.

Yeah, I plan on basically using one of the 2 paychecks I get each month to pay my expenses. Car payment, gas, insurance, cell phone, & other small items. Pretty much I get two $1,100 checks (after tax) each month. I'll put 1 in the bank & the other to pay every thing.

Droop89, I'm willing to buy used as long as it's in "like new condition" with 10K miles or less.

well if you can then by all means get that suv and slap sum 15 or 18s in their.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Then try looking for a 08 model instead of an 09,, eg. my mom just got a 08 Lincoln for about $10k less than a 09 model, just cause it had 16k miles on it, so its still new in my eyes

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

Then try looking for a 08 model instead of an 09,, eg. my mom just got a 08 Lincoln for about $10k less than a 09 model, just cause it had 16k miles on it, so its still new in my eyes

I'm going to go next week to some dealers & see what they got and what offers they give me.

you can get something like a the new scion xb or a honda pilot or something that is semi-suv but has good mileage.

idk that's just my opinion, its better than using a trunk in a sedan.