Second Skin Audio

subwoofer/port aiming S10~Sonoma

geekepunk

Guess this kind of relates to the other thread about subwoofer aiming.  I've got an '00 S10 and I am wondering what the best way might be to aim the port and subs.  Right now I built a box with the subs foward and the port back.  It's loud but for the next enclosure I would have to do subs up/port up. This wouldn't cause any noise/cascellation issues or anything right?  I heard from someone that these trucks have cancellation issues sometimes. I would like to figure out the BEST way to do it. 

Thanks!

Cool, right on.  I have a temporary box that I threw together for my 12w3's that is 4.3 cf ported to 34hz.  Two slot ports on top, subs facing foward behind each seat.  It sounds great and they seem to be much much louder in this little pickup than in my car.  However, I plan to change out the subs and amps for something bigger.  The only way I can do a good configuration is if I mount the amps behind the seats and have the port and subs both on top.  Alot of the installs I've seen are like that so I guess I'll leave it at that.

• 2 months later...

i have a sonoma and i used to have my ports goin out to the side with the subs facin front and now i have the subs facin back and ports up and its wayy louder now.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

Archived