POP/Noise through stereo

Hello, i've had my setup in my truck for a while and about 2 weeks ago something new happened. first off i have an 2001 suburban with 2 Robot Underground built 15's running off of 2 RF 800a2 (black and grind) my highs are, in the front a pair of Orion HCCA 6.5 and some 1" MBQ tweets, rear doors are MBQ 6.5's with 1" tweets and another set of MBQ 1" tweets in the rear panels in the back of the truck. the highs run off of an RF 600a5 (black and grind)

any way, recently if i have my dome light button on (so the interior lights come on when you open the door) if the radio is on i get a pop through the stereo, its not incredibly loud or anything but its noticable. also say im driving at night and i switch on the high beams...same pop. i have noticed that if i cut the high beams on and off more than one time in a row the pop is not there after the first time. but say i cut them on and then wait 10sec... theres the pop again. i have on ly noticed this with the interior lights and the high beams, doesnt happen with the turn signals or the brakes or backing up. im really not sure where to start with this one, so any help would be cool. if anymore info is need to help just ask. you can email too if you like.... [email protected] or if your in the Petersburg VA area maybe you could help.

thanks for listening.

later.

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing? any suggestions for me to check? i have pulled all the door panels off and and made sure none of the speaker terminals are touching metal and all the connections the the crossovers are good.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

what brand deck do you have.....Ive heard some pioneers have rca grounding issues. It also could be a bad set of rcas all together. I would first pull the rcas with the amps on. Then flick the high beams and see if you get the pop. That way you could at least narrow it down to the rcas.

hope this helps

1996 Chevy blazer

Pioneer deck dehp6800mp

clarion eq

Hifonics BXI1606d (Subs)

1 18" RE MT

Box specs: 6.7cuft @35hz 14.2sqin of port per cuft (Noobtastic design)

Crunch GP1400.4 (Mids & Highs)

Boston Acoustic mids and highs

Stock alt

Stinger SP800

Bunch of 0 and 4 gauge wire

remt.jpg

i have an Eclipse AV8022

d(-__-)b

• 4 months later...

i still havent figured this one out so i thought i would bring it back TTT.

d(-__-)b

how is your remote hooked up?

sometimes people will hook there remote up to a fuse in there fuse box.

i fixed a local guys car that had a similar problem because he had his remote wired to his headlight fuse and everytime he would turn his headlights on or off it would "pop"

this was because when he turned his lights on or off there was a power spike that went through that fuse and it would cut off and turn on his amp real quick.

also check your "illumination" wire on your headunit. tell me what that wire is hooked up to.

The remote is connected to the eclipse brain. the illumination is connected to the factory illum.

d(-__-)b

The remote is connected to the eclipse brain. the illumination is connected to the factory illum.

My buddy had a similar problem a while back. Whenever he hit the brakes (lights come on) his speakers would give a subtle pop. His problem was grounding to a bolt that shared a ground with the brakes in the trunk. Changing it fixed his problem.

I would suggest checking the black ground wire off the HU to make sure it's on its own on a nice clean spot.

Next I would remove illumination wire then test again.

Check the amp grounds to make sure they are not sharing with any stock electrical.

Make sure your brain box ground is also on its own on a clean ground point.

I'm almost certain it's a ground issue based on what you said, but anything is possible. Check those things and get back to me so I can help you go a little further.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

thanks for that, i will check all of those. on another note, when i first encountered this issue i did move the H/U ground from the factory harness to a spot under the passenger carpet. also i moved the piece of 1/0 ground in the back from one of my hitch bolts that was ground down, it was sandwiched between the hitch and the frame, to a hole that i drilled and put a 1/2" bolt through. neither worked but i will move them again. and deff try disconecting the illumination.

d(-__-)b

Any time man. Let me know if it doesn't work so I can help you troubleshoot more.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/