Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

SOUTH PARK FTW!  :^i really do need some advice though.  ok ur runnin 4 18's and ive made up my mind to run 2 more ssx18's to make a total of 4.  i have a 2000 escalade which has roughly the same size cargo area as yours.  how did u come up with that box design for ur subs considering your using so little of air space and ur hittin some damn good numbers??  oh yah what class are u in, in db drag?  and im moving out to the phoenix/scottsdale area in a couple months so i plan on hittin some competitions up around your area when i get a chance.  oh yah? do u know of any other manufacturers that use 4" voice coils???  :^   

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 3 weeks later...

i've just got a real quick question. what song are you playing in the last part of this video, it sounds like suave house?

edit - nevermind, found that one  :^

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/videos/sh...itisknockin.wmv

actually could you give a list of the songs you play in all your videos?

Pioneer 880PRS, CSS SDX7 mids, US Acoustics USA2200, TBI HDSS tweets, USA 4050 bridged, 2 AQ HDC3 18s, Memphis 4000d, 12 cubes @ 38 hz, Iraggi 240a alt, Optima 34 series yellow top, Powermaster D3100 in the rear, big 3 in 1/0

Well first off i have to say that your site is awesome. The videos are crazy and your installs are very well done. I have always been into mobile audio and video. Its an obsession of being loud and making people think im crazy lol. Up until coming across your site i thought my system was loud but after seeing what you have going on in the back of your ride.. makes mine seem like a walmart special lol. Im currtly just running 2 JL 10" w7s *yes i know jl* n a 2000 watt amp. I decided that i want to make a signifcant upgrade in my stereo. I have been throwing around the idea of putting 2 18' BTLs and the soundstream 10,000 watt amp in my 02 blazer xtreme to replace my current setup. Id just like to get your word on it. Wondering what kind of electrical upgrades id have to do or extra batteries id have to run etc... Im sure it would be insane and over kill but oh well. So i just hope that if you can find time in your busy schedule to send me a message on your thoughts or consernse on what im thinking of doing that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

not bad... lets see are those all rms numbers? if not plz post up rms numbers bc peak doesnt mean much. ok well asllmung you were talking rms your going to need significant electricle upgrades. i recommend 1/0 wire for both power/ground and the big 3 upgrade (use seach if ur confused if nothing pops up check google if nothing there then you lied bc thats how i found out about it in the first place) then i would get a high outpult alternator. 200a minimum um in terms of batteries theres a good chance youl need some type of battery bank but depending on your price range i would get 2 to start off then upgrade as nessicary from there. also if by chance your thinking about a cap do all your elec upgrades first then see where your looking voltage wise. if your in the 13s and want to be in the 14s more often then get a good quality cap (low esr) with alot of farads. if your in the 10s and want 14s and think a cap will help (you shouldnd run that low with the upgrades stated above) then run into a wall with sissors in your hands. in terms of enclosure what are you looking at? and are you building it yourself or getting it done by a "pro" check out the builds done on the site and ask questions from there. i hope i adressed any concerns you have ect... any more id be willing to help where i can... welcome to the board :^

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

hey thanks for your insite on what ive been thinking about doing. All those numbers were rms. A friend of mine who's on this forum under "regul8er" i believe is how he's spelled it is the one that would make the box. i have seen his work and he knows his stuff. We've tossed around box desings and most likely will be firing them upward toward the ceiling and have the port the length of the box on the bottom facing the hatch.