Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

hey STEVE i was just seeing if i could get some master tech advise on one of my threds or post its called I GIVE UP IM GONNA SELL IT ALL lol if you could take a peek and let me know if everybodys throwing me in the right direction you have no idea how much that would help and if you had a few words on it too that would be great thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Meade,

I need some advice in box design. would a box design on this shape work? im trying to fit an fi btl 15 in mt truck without killing all 3 back seats. this is a very crude sketchup i did in like 10 minutes just to give an idea of the overall shape. and sub and port placement. maybe the port on the bottim leg thing?? http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/rarbona1029/Subboxdesign.jpg

THANKS

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

• 2 weeks later...

as you all can see my site and this forum have REALLY REALLY grown in the last 2 months.  I notice alot of people want to ask me stuff directly.  I just want to let you guys know its very hard to keep up and dont take it personal if i miss something you asked me.  Its not that your being ignored, sometimes with so many threads/responses i just cant catch them all before they get buried.........even if the topic starts with my name in it!

Anyway i try my best to keep up but im sorta busy...i may even read the post and be to lazy to respond right away and then eventually forget about it even though i meant to respond.  Sometimez a brotha just wants to go thru the posts but dont feel like typing so please dont take it personal....if its something REAL important then keep buggin me ill get to ya eventually!

can you please help me with something. i have a 2000 chev. S-10 extended cab. I am down to either FI 12Q or the FI 12BL. if they were in identical ported enclosures what would be the difference in sound and output. if the bl is louder than the q, how much louder in db's. thank you for your time.

thank you

Hi I'm trying to devise a plan for my first sub system and I've decided to roll with a single AudioQue HDC3 15 with a AQ2200D amp. Now what I'm not sure about is what kind of box I should get because I don't really have the skills or desire to build one I was going to buy one. If you might be able to advise on what type of box to get and/or where to get it, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys! I'm pretty new when talkin bout subwoofers im more of a speaker and overall loudness person... so my friend just gave me this set-up to convince me that bass is good lol... i got the MTX Terminator set-up with 2 12" MTX Terminators and the Terminator 400watt amp and the sealed box... I'm convinced if we ported this box it would sound a much better outside the car... I've tried several different porting calculators and i honestly dont understand some of the stuff they ask for and i hate to cut into the box and mess it up... I WOULD EXTREMELY APPRECIATE IT if anyone who knows what theyre talkin about (seems ive come to the rite place fer that too lol) could help me with this project i can give u all the dimensions and what not and again I WOULD APPRECIATE IT sooo much lol thanks

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

hey steve..noobe here. i'll make it quick..can you recommend a tuning freq for 2-RFR2215's..whatever would sound best with a BAMF 4000/1D pushing each..thanks and love the new skin on the hoe..i might do something like that if they have it in a blue..thanks again

2-15" Rockford Fosgate Power DVC's

2-Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1D's

2-SPL 6x9 coax

2-SPL 5.5 coax

2-Kicker Tweets

1-Power Acoustik 2 Farad Cap

PREMIER P480MP HU

hey Steve, I'm a new member on SMD. Just got a quick question, what kind of flip out(single din) touch screen would you recommend, I cant fit a double in my car so a single's the best i can do. Any advice would be appreciated! Also what 2000 watt amp would you recommend. I'm running two pioneer champion series pro 12's off a kicker zx1000.1 and i know they want more power. thanks!

whats up im thinking bout putting a fi 18 in my 2000 f150 supercab i was wondering what kind of amp would be good and what power upgrades i would need to push it do u think there is a way to put it in my backseat with out taking up my whole backseat