My new Alienware! Pics, Screenshots, 3dmark scores.

Guest MegaloManiac

Nice computer. Choice amd next time ;D

meh u could go either way now days

also on another note: I have never used 10k drives. does it really make a differnce in performance, boot time, & over all? wondering if its a good investment

yup just got a bonus and since my home computer is actin a straight fool for a month or so it was time....ive never EVER bought a computer before i always build but this time i decided i deserve to have one built FOR ME.  Heres the stats, i should have it in less then 2 weeks.

[1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB

Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 - Free Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium! - With no Media Center Remote Control or Dual TV Tuner

Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis - Saucer Silver

Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling + AlienFX™ System Lighting + High-Performance Liquid Cooling - Astral Blue

Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB

System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 150GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ NCQ & 16MB Cache

Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache

Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive

Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive

Graphics Processor: Dual 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX - SLI Enabled - Requires 1000W Power Supply!

Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer

Monitor: No Monitor

Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio

Keyboard: Alienware® USB Full-Size Keyboard

Mouse : Alienware® Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel

Warranty: 2-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service

AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit

Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad

Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $100 Value - FREE!

Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $100 Value - FREE!

did i do good or what  ;D - i dont need a monitor of course i have a pretty new 24" Samsung LCD already which should work VERY nicely with my new rig :D

for the money i feel like they should put a better video card then that, 800mhz core clock is a bit step back for me

I dunno. 800mhz is kinda fast, but all the gtxs i see on newegg are 575, highest one was a xfx with a 630 core, or a evga with a 626 core. my prefrence would still be the evga. But just remember with something like rivatuner you can oc the core and memory clocks and change fan speeds. I got a $250 rebate from evga, just waiting for them to step up them clock speeds tho before I use my rebate.

Either way that rig is going to cruise.. Im not sure about paying close too $5500 for it though. I still think you can build something better and cheaper from newegg. I myself will never buy a prebuilt, but If I ever  would it would be an Alienware or a L (they are nuts! http://www.l-computer.com/home/index.htm and dont forget to check out their 40,000 screens)! I just think that it means more to you when you do it yourself... It would kinda be like meade going to bestbuy and buying a system and having them install it.... I dont picture that happening anytime soon.

But otherwise, Nice Fu*king rig man! I hope it does a good job and gives you no probloms.

Im not saying it is fast, but in sli them things have too be somewhat hott ya know?

Im running a evga 7900 gt co superclock with a 600 coreclock and a 1650 memory clock. Stock w/factory oc it is 550/1800. I had myself a evga 7950gt but had nothing but probloms with it after a couple months so thats why I got myself a rebate towards a new card comming. And if I remember right it only had like a 600 coreclock too. Im just waiting to see something around a 1000mhz before I go and upgrade again I think.

Either way steves computer is still going to be out of control with its speeds and gaming ability I think, and the best part about it is that his video cards should be dx10 ready once vista comes out.

your tryin to tell me that dual 8800GTX SLI wont be super fast?  Whats out there right now thats faster?  Reminds me of people last year tellin me i should have done this and that with chickens computer (that i built) yet no one on any forum could back it up with a 3dmark score.  Everyone could do the "same score with a couple hundred dollars" but no one could/did LOL.

Dont shoot down my rig before i even get it man....when i get it ill show you what it will do.

As for building it myself....i already explained ive built every one ive ever had this is my first one built for me so its a treat.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I bought a alienware a year ago October.  It came with a Asus A8n-sli deluxe mobo and 2gig of corsair xms3200 ram with a 160gig western digital hard drive.  They don't tell you what brands of crap they're going to use when you order but I was plesently suprised to see the asus and corsair the comp I replaced with the alienware was one i built with a asus a7n8x-deluxe and 1gig of corsair xms3200 (favorite brands for some reason)  I've always wanted an alienware since I started reading PCGamer (like in 1998 or so) lol or a falcon northwest but always been a poor boy till i got out of college and got me a decent job.  So anyway congrats on the purchase steve and I'm pretty sure you will be happy with your machine.  Kinda wonder what the quad core is like.. seen a chart showing it was like 30% or so faster than the faster clock speed dual core or something like that. 

Oh ya P.S. Glad you ordered the video cooling, and I hope ur cards run cooler than my old dual 6800Ultra's cuz mines been overheating on battlefield 2142 but the 6800 is a damn mini furnace anyway.  Thinking of picking up some of the GPU water blocks and running a line off my pump for em.

DOWNLOADing music is awesome, before i use to walk into a record store and have to shop lift it from the shelfs.. Now i just download it.. saves gas, saves time, and saves me the trip to the jail.

i think id rather take it up the butt with a midget slinging a strap on then lissin to you computer geeks argue about penis size.

If you dont like Meades computer then you dont have to use it now go away

Hey Steve,

Fuck all the comments you are getting about "should have gotten this", and "should have gotten that".

You have got yourself a nice machine right there. Everyone has an opinion on stuff like this. I always have people telling me you should do this, and you should do that when it comes to computers, but yet, they are the same people coming to me to always fix the so called "better than everyone elses computer" that they have bought. I have been employed by the City of Philadelphia as a LAN Administrator for the last six years. I work for M.O.I.S.E.

(mayors office of information services).Even though it is a city office, we are controlled by the US government.

Trust me there is no expense spared on what comes into my office, I have pretty much seen it all. and I can surely say that alienware is a hell of a machine.

Best of luck with it.

p.s.,

If you ever need any technical advice, or help in configuring or setting up your machine please dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.

your tryin to tell me that dual 8800GTX SLI wont be super fast?  Whats out there right now thats faster?  Reminds me of people last year tellin me i should have done this and that with chickens computer (that i built) yet no one on any forum could back it up with a 3dmark score.  Everyone could do the "same score with a couple hundred dollars" but no one could/did LOL.

Dont shoot down my rig before i even get it man....when i get it ill show you what it will do.

As for building it myself....i already explained ive built every one ive ever had this is my first one built for me so its a treat.

Im not saying nothing about it being slow. Yes Im disappointed in nvidia for not making a faster graphics card processor, but that is not Steves fault, nor alienware. Nvidia released so many new chipsets recently but the core clocks have not been increasing in speed like you think they would. The cards are still fast either in single or sli mode and will kick the crap out of alot of cards, since it is nvidias highest model card. I think I made that point clear in both my posts. That pc would whip the shit out of mine, but my own personal opinion is Id rather build it myself. I know your reason for not doing it is that it is a treat for you, thats why I used the refrence of you going and buying your car audio from bestbuy and having them install it for you too. So if this was geared towards me Im sorry for making it come off wrong... I just take more pride when I did something on my own, and have the sentamental value of it. And if someones computer is not fast enough, you can always overclock, overclocking is like a drug though once you start you cant stop, your always trying for that 1 extra mhz or that 1 extra point in 3dmark.

As for kidtoyota, I didnt say that he should of gotten anything different, I think I said if I was ever to get a prebuilt it would be alienware or a go-l, just because they do crazy overclocking and have a kick ass $40,000 monitor which Id never have the money for. I went on aw's site and priced out what he got, he got one of the best computers with the options he has upgraded too, sh!t he has bought one of the fastest computers on the market right now. Theres really not much more of pc you could buy, he could of went with 4gigs of ram, but that is totally not needed at the moment, or even anytime soon unless your doing a crap load of video editing. I never or has anyone else said alienware is not one hell of a machine.

I will admit that I am not a Intel fan, and love my Amd's, but currently Intel finely stepped their game up to overcome Amd, but in the world of competition Amd will rise again. Intel is a great company, but from a lot of the reviews Ive read in the past amd was better for gaming.

And for the record Id envy to have his new pc, shit and even his ride with the beats. I didnt think this much would be caused from a disscusion about computers.. I thought most of us where adults.

Here is my old 3dmark score, yes its 05 because it was the only one at the time I could find a crack for to get use of the full program and a complete test. This is when I first spent $600 on my upgrade and was still using my crap samsung memory which wouldnt oc for the life of it. This was also my first time overclocking at the time. Since then I stepped up too 2 gigs or Corsair XMS Pro, and a 120mm zalmann copper processor cooler, and have not recently benchmarked.

Posted Image