Second Skin Audio

How To Recone A Sub

kingsuv

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone clarify? To center the soft parts, you just set the assembly into the gap, then center it with shims under the dustcap? and that is all that is needed to center the entire assembly?

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

can someone clarify? To center the soft parts, you just set the assembly into the gap, then center it with shims under the dustcap? and that is all that is needed to center the entire assembly?

That is correct.

I like to make sure my shims stick up enough to keep the dustcap from covering them so I don't glue the cap down with them still in ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was still confussed on the whole shime cente

ring deal, so I searched youtube to see if there were some recone vids outthere that could clear the light on how this works. I found a few, and even though they don't deal with high power subs like the DC that King reconed, I thing the overall idea is the same.

JBL Recone 1 & 2

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I was still confussed on the whole shime cente

ring deal, so I searched youtube to see if there were some recone vids outthere that could clear the light on how this works. I found a few, and even though they don't deal with high power subs like the DC that King reconed, I thing the overall idea is the same.

Yeah you get the picture when you see how it's done.

Man where in the world did you get your avatar, something about it just cracks me up. :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

when soldering the new leads to the basket, what wattage soldering iron do you guys reccomend using, and what type of solder?

my guess is a 40watt iron with a 60/40 tin/lead mixture. input anybody?

*edit*

since nobody responded in time, i decided to buy a 40 watt iron and some 60/40 rosin core solder. worked like a charm!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

• 2 months later...

Archived