Second Skin Audio

How To Recone A Sub

kingsuv

Anyone have any specific glues they recommend or links to any?

also, my coil, spider , and cone are not attached as in the pics provided so i will have to glue them together myself.. anyone know what glue to use? / tips for me before i mess it up?

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy some blown SA series subs form sundown or Skar vvx subs...they are easy IMO..and what I used to do my first recone. I'm still beating on the first one I ever did.

Look for soem vids on youtube. There is a real good one on there but I can't remember the name. Its a pretty straightforward process. Especially if you get a Drop-in recone from Skar or Sundown.

Some local his buying several blown SA-12's so I can recone them and paint the basket red while I'm at it. My Skar vvx10 has a pink basket. Its kind've fun once you get the hang of it.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Iv thought of a pair sa 12's. Im hopeing with a 4th order or 6th i can get loud is. And i know with sa's i can can get d4s and run my amps 1k to them lol

Do it. Just look for some blown used ones. Its really easy. And if you don't want to hassle with cleanign the basket just pay the 10-15$ for a new one and skip that part.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

How much should i expect to pay for a pair of good motors and baskets?

IDK I paid about 50$ sipped for a blown Sa-10 a few weeks ago. And 60$ for my blown Skar VVX. Just have to haggle the seller. ANything over 70$ and its almost not worth it anymore for the Sundown.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

• 1 month later...

Nothing duct tape couldn't fix.

Really? NO, gtfo don't post dump stupid shit.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived