Second Skin Audio

How To Recone A Sub

kingsuv

Great tutorial. Thanks, you did a nice tidy job!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

great tutorial now for a vid tutorial for us lazy folks

i think i got the hand of it just by the great pictures though

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

Hey Bill last time I did a recone I used my right angle die grinder(can use a drill) and a medium Scotch Bright pad(Maroon pad) to clean my baskets up and it worked great.

I just wanted to add this to your post because I didn't feel I could harm the metal of the basket no matter how hard I used the Scotch Bright pad or if I made a mistake with it, I didn't have to worry about cutting into the metal by accident screwing up the basket.

M3 Scotch Bright Pads

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

That works too. I also have used a sanding flap wheel disc to clean them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

what kind of work time do you have once that spinder or cone is placed in the glue with the activator on it? I would be worried it would kick before i get them really embeded in the glue.

Do all the spiders come bonded on the edge so they glue as one, or do you have to make sure you get glue on each spider?

Ever blown the dust cap off or anything using that glue?

Did you clip the slider and cone all the way around?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

• 2 weeks later...

Haha i have a stupid question is it possible if i get a 12" ssd sub then later recone it and make it a bl or btl 12". Can you even recone the 12"s? also where do you get the kits and such. Newbie haha

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Haha i have a stupid question is it possible if i get a 12" ssd sub then later recone it and make it a bl or btl 12". Can you even recone the 12"s? also where do you get the kits and such. Newbie haha

You can recone them, you get the kits by contacting Fi, but you CANNOT recone it to a BL or BTL because they don't just have different cone, they have a different motor and basket and stuff too.

Archived