Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GORILLAslap

How Do U Hook Up A 4 Or 2 Channel Amp Up To Ur Highs?

16 posts in this topic

i have no idea how to hook up a 4 channel amp to ur highs??

the same way that you would wire your subs. no speaker wires to deck just to the amp. run rcas and wire speakers straight to amp. make sense haha?

no bass boost at all, and highpass, dont get that part backwards

wow i was wasting my time when i was 14 running them all to the deck.. so i could just do rcas???????

so i just run a another power wire from the batt under the hood to the 4 channel and hook it up normal but go to the door speakers with the speaker wire??? were do i go with the rcas my big amp or the 4 chan?? an is there gonna be a remote wire? if so were does it run??

so i just run a another power wire from the batt under the hood to the 4 channel and hook it up normal but go to the door speakers with the speaker wire??? were do i go with the rcas my big amp or the 4 chan?? an is there gonna be a remote wire? if so were does it run??

........take it to a shop?

Hooking up a multi channel amp is the same as hooking up any other amp. You will obviously have your power, ground, remote. Youll have another set of RCAs from the HU to this new amp unless your other one has RCA outputs then just go from that amp to the new amp. The only thing that is different is the settings on the amp. And obviously your speaker wires to go your highs.

Don't feel bad, for years I didn't know how either. Just hook it up like a sub amp and run the wires to the speakers, you can find 4 channel RCA's, everything else is the same

i dont know why it came out like that but u get the idea

i dont know why it came out like that but u get the idea

yea i get it so if i have 2 rca ports on my sub amp i can just run rcas from sub amp tp 4 chan amp??? and then just do everything else the same???

no because your stereo is sendin filterd low notes out those rcas so if u plug those into your multi channel then try and filter the highs out of that signal its gonna sound horrible lol if your stereo doesnt have rca out puts just for the speakers your gonna have to do alot of cutting and rewiring. which means takin every speakerwire comin out the back of your headunit then cuttin it and wiring it up to a rca wire then pluggin it into your amp then runnin wire all the from the amp to your speakers.