Zfrerichs's 01 Dakota floor project started

Were going to pick it up tomo... and start tearing it apart... your build is lookin good if you need any tools we got millions...

And a table saw aswell a real table saw....lol just hit me up....

yup i was going to text you today but then all kinds of shit started not working and breaking

Roseville, CA

today i wanted to get some more rings and pods made since it wasnt raining outside but something didnt want me to finish

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i got all that done then this happened you cant see it really well but the tabs that hold the screws broke off the dog got ran by and caught the cord dragging the router to slam on the ground so it either a new jig or a new router :unknw: oh well i needed a new router anyways

Posted Image

after that happened i was like well at least i got the first cuts done and i can use the jig saw to cut them out. i go to plug the jigsaw in it dont work. so im like fuck ill clean up at least, i go to plug the shop vac in it dont work. the outlet and the cord are fine its just ironic how stuff goes out at once. i figrued i could fix the jig saw. i spent two hours taking it apart and testing every joint. took it appart at least four times and it dont work the was a short in the motor. i was pissed. But i did get some more glass done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roseville, CA

was the outlet you used hooked up to a gfci somewhere? not to sound like an ass but it does happen to the best of us man.

build looks great so far

it was gfi it wooks i pushed the little test button and it popped i got out the muiltimeter and the cord had power they just crapped out.

Roseville, CA

what are you gonna do about putting the carpet back in?

i had a tool box underneath my back seat came stock with no carpet but it wouldnt have mattered i will just just whatever goes under the box no biggie i will post more pics tonite lol but the arent going to look much different than the ones before just another layer of glass

Roseville, CA

look at what i picked up today

Posted Image

last one tap had at both there two locations in sac now if someone is wondering why i use this resin instead of the surfacing resin here is why the surfacing resin is for a final coat it has a wax in it for the smoothness now rsin does not stick to wax ( very well) then if you try to sand it its not going to do anything because all of the resin contains wax so all your doing is putting scratches in the wax the bonding resin contains no wax is used for high strength hope this helps someone

Posted Image

my back was killing me today but i still got some done it looks like crap i have to get the grinder out there is a couple air bubbles i dont know if you can see them in the pics but theyll get taken care of tomorrow and i think im going to pull the box out and finish it outside the truck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

day after glassing i just let it sit where it is until its dry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roseville, CA

Archived