Sonic Electronix

any opinions on Clif Design? A local dealer is pushing them hard.

I have demo'd the speakers (only on the wall) and they sounded very clean and natural even compared to the MB Quart Q's next to them,but I don't trust walls. You can make a wall sound better or worse.

I'm also wondering about their amps. Anyone have any experience with the 40.4lx (wondering about sq) or the 2800.1lx/4800.1lx for subs? The number's look good can anyone confirm quality.

cliff designs amps are strong but thier big power amps are very power hungry so u gotta have one hell of an electrical system.  they make me think of the HK4000D and the 4000XD when it comes to how much power is needed to get the best out of the amp. 

my .02

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Clif designs, Visonik, And Ma Audio are all the same company. Anaba Group down in So. Cal. Good products. I haven't used the Cliffs but I have work with a lot of Ma, and Visonik. They are very power hungry amps but tend to take a lot of abuse too.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well it takes alot more current to power the cliff designs compared to the RF power series.  the RF amps are more power efficient compared to the rest.  so ur looking at alot more batteries to run the Cliff/MA/Visonik compared to the RF amps.  so u would probably be better off without using either of the 3 power hungry amps unless u already have one hell of an electrical system. 

cliff = current hog

RF = more efficient current hog  :^

oh and ma/visonik and i believe cliff also rate thier stuff at 17v not 12,14 like the RF.     

so basically dont go that route haha.  :-X:V :V

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Well Clif's 2800 is spec'd to draw 240 amps  isn't RF's 20001 about the same

Also the Clif's are .5ohm stable and have a damping factor >700  RF can't touch etither of those

I realize they rate thier amps at 17 volts ie; the 2800.1 puts out 3200 at 17 but it also puts out 2800 at 14.4 which is what I am looking for.

Archived