Mechman Alternators

I Would Like To Buy One Of These Alts.will It Bolt Up?

I would like to get in on this deal:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=36274

My Truck is a 1988 Chevy K3500 1 ton with the 5.7 litter engine and no air conditioning.

I have a CS130 bumped up to the 85/140 amp option with a MLA module. I would still like to use my module, it works with the CS144 too.

Do you have one that will bolt directly to my truck or have a bracket to make it work?

Do you have a deal on buying alts and bats together?

My whole belt system is on a 4 groove pully.

I will need to use a credit card over the phone. Who ever answers this could I have a name and direct link and number to you so I can deal with the same person through this whole process.

Thank you and ask any questions.

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Getting the amperage is easy, we have a custom machined large case housing that will bolt right in. Here's the problem- A 4 groove belt with only about 60 degrees of belt wrap is going to slip like crazy if you get any kind of load on it. The most you could even think of running on that pulley setup would be 200 amps, and even that would more than likely slip under a load. The main advantage, would be picking up a lot of current at idle, as a 140 amp CS130 won't have very good output at true idle speeds.

The MLA will work just fine with our unit, I can do a 200 amp custom machined large case unit for only $299 and it will bolt right in.

You can work with me directly at 1-888-MECHMAN ext. 7 , [email protected]

Thanks

Matt

I just got off the phone with Matt and he was great to deal with. It looks like I have a new alt on the way. 150/250 amp

Shit Roscoe it looks like I could run both of my RF1501BDs after all.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I just got off the phone with Matt and he was great to deal with. It looks like I have a new alt on the way. 150/250 amp

Shit Roscoe it looks like I could run both of my RF1501BDs after all.

Sweet deal!

sure wish they did something for the benzo......

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Actually, it that truck should have a 5 rib belt, you might have been accidentally counting the "peaks" instead of the "valleys". That will help some, but it will still slip untill you mount a backside idler pulley.

Actually, it that truck should have a 5 rib belt, you might have been accidentally counting the "peaks" instead of the "valleys". That will help some, but it will still slip untill you mount a backside idler pulley.

Thanks for the info Matt.

Terryswork001.png

so the higher output the alt is the more likely it is to slip?!?! is this with all alts or just in this case? how do u stop it from slipping?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

so the higher output the alt is the more likely it is to slip?!?! is this with all alts or just in this case? how do u stop it from slipping?

All any alternator does is convert mechanical energy (the rotation of a pulley) into electrical energy. (current flow from the alternator) The higher the output of the alternator, the more mechanical energy is required to turn it. All of that mechanical energy has to be transmitted by the belt. When you double, or even triple the output of an alternator, that belt will now be responsible for "gripping" 3 times as much mechanical energy, which can cause slip.

The amount of "wrap" or degrees of the pulley that is contacted by the belt plays a major part in determining how much "grip" the belt will have. The width of the belt is equally important. The narrower the belt, and the less belt wrap that a pulley has, the less rubber you have contacting the pulley. More contact surface area means more grip.

Some vehicles have plenty of grip, 6 rib or wider belt with 90 degrees or better belt wrap can easily grip 300 amps worth of resistance providing that the belt and tensioner are in good condition.

On a vehicle like this, where the belt is barely wrapped around the alternator pulley, and it is only 4 grooves wide, it will likely start to slip around 175 amps worth of load. Basically, belt slippage varies on the type of vehicle and the belt/pulley system that is used. ISO could mount an additional idler pulley next to the alternator to route the belt to wrap around the alternator pulley, which would increase the belts grip on the alternator pulley.