Mechman Alternators

Adjustable Regulator Option

Just a heads up about one of our options that not very many people know about-

Any high output MechMan alternator can be ordered with a user-adjustable in-cab regulator. Unlike our competitors, we include a pre-wired 4' long abrasion resistant harness to make installation a snap. (no additional wiring required) Simply mount the adjustment knob wherever you like inside your vehicle to you can adjust your charging voltage on the fly, anywhere between 13.5 and 18.5 volts. When you purchase a MechMan unit, we offer this increadible performance option for only $99 additional!!! Ask your sales rep for details

1-888-MECHMAN

Just a heads up about one of our options that not very many people know about-

Any high output MechMan alternator can be ordered with a user-adjustable in-cab regulator. Unlike our competitors, we include a pre-wired 4' long abrasion resistant harness to make installation a snap. (no additional wiring required) Simply mount the adjustment knob wherever you like inside your vehicle to you can adjust your charging voltage on the fly, anywhere between 13.5 and 18.5 volts. When you purchase a MechMan unit, we offer this increadible performance option for only $99 additional!!! Ask your sales rep for details

1-888-MECHMAN

Just sent mine in to be converted. . .Should have arrived there today!!!!

Thanks MechMan!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

• 3 weeks later...

so let me get this right..

if you wanted more power during use you could crank it up from 14.8 to around 16v output.. so you have a little more bang..?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

so let me get this right..

if you wanted more power during use you could crank it up from 14.8 to around 16v output.. so you have a little more bang..?

Yes, It looks like a transpo regulater (same setup, im selling). It will allow you to charge at 13-21 volts. Anyone running a 16 volt setup and is charging at 18 volts is using this.

Only drawback is that your car cannot handle that excessive voltage so stepdown regulators are needed to give your car a 12 volt source, while your batteries charge at 16-18 volts.

I ran mine just on 12 volt d3100 powermasters, and was able to charge up to 16.3 volts before my car give me overload voltage errors.LOL

But going that high on voltage can cook normal 12volt batteries with ease, and can even damage nicer batteries.

but would there be a issue with putting it to 16 volts while wangin?!

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

im also interested in that information, setting it up to 15+ volts while wanging full tilt would that be a problem for lets say kinetik batts? the non 16 volt kind..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

im also interested in that information, setting it up to 15+ volts while wanging full tilt would that be a problem for lets say kinetik batts? the non 16 volt kind..

For limited use during "wangin'", LOL, it would be OK to crank it up to 16 volts or so. You wouldn't want to do it for long though, as it will eventually overheat and dry out your batteries. That's what's so nice about having the in-dash controll, you can set it whenever and however you want.

The nice part about ordering it with our alternators, is that we include the pre-wired harness for you so that it is just plug-and-play.

How hard would it be to extend the harness... I know 4' wont reach. I think I am doing to do this to mine when I order mine.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

but would there be a issue with putting it to 16 volts while wangin?!

No. Most amps are rated at 12 13.8, and 14.4 volts, thats the voltage they need to make the power. A higher voltage will sort of make your amp more efficent. Instead of your 1000 watt amp that needs almost 73 amps of current at 13.8 volts it would only need 62.5 amps of current at 16 volt, but then after the increased voltage and you reset your gains to the matching preout value of your headunit you will get more power.

Now the question lies if your amps will take it. Rockfords wont take a charging system of 18volts, with 16 volt batteries without mods, voiding warranty, tho my rf 10001bds bridged at 1.5 ohms took it charging at 16.1volts. So you have a lil room still to play with rf.

Things like Cactus, Digital designs, american bass, stetsom, sundowns, some hifonics lines. You get the idea will take the power and you will easily see 4000+wrms out of your 3000wrms sundown amp.

It would depend on the vehicle, something older that isnt ran all by the computer would take the voltage increase better then something newer. but most cars will "charge" at 16 volts without a problem.

I didnt have a true 16 volt setup that charged at 18 volts, it was 12 volt powermaster d3100s charged at 15volt daily 16.3 volts or higher in the lanes, even tho my car wigged out. Tho I kept my batteries on a continuse charge when car was not used, i tought my batteries a higher float voltage, which also increaded the needed charging voltage from the alt to have my batteries kept full.

But most after market AGM batteries will take the slight increase, tho most do not recommend charging over 15 volts because it may damage it.

Adding a nice battery like a kinetik or powermaster, I feel that they wont get a good charge off a stock charging voltage (13-14.4volts) Whese as these 15 volt MLA modules increase the voltage making your batteries happy! From My understandings MLAs are like a external regulator, only the bypass the computers signal which is the wire that clips into the alt to excite the internal regulator in the alternator to the needed power.

Where as a external regualator and externally regulated alternator will also bypass it, but doing it using a external box that can be changed on the fly. The external regulator is simular to the one in your stock normal H.O. alt where the wire plugs into it from the factorys computer to tell it how to charge. The wire that normally goes from the car to the alt is replaced by a wire that goes from the external regulator to the alt.

Here is was one of my old stereos.

Voltage dropped during idle or when stopped doing to the batteries not 16 volt, so at idle my alt didnt support my amps to maintain their current draw, but when the car was moving it was more then enough current.

Iraggi 300+ amp alternator externally regulated.

1 redtop under hood. 2 PM D3100s in trunk. 1/0 wiring & big 3.

2 rockford fosgate t10001bd amps synced at 1.5 ohms.

1 digial designs 9518 in 6cubed at 40hz.

Posted Image