4 18's in an Astro, plz help

I want to do Super Street 3-4 in db drag racing. I was wondering if someone could help me with a box design. I am using 4 Fi BTL 18's and 8 MA Audio 4000d's, with 135lb Insterstate 8V batteries. I have 2 HO Alternator 350 amp alts. I want to try to be competitive. Do you think I can get a 166db with that.

Thanks

Shawn

Shawn FlemingNothing Else needs to be said, the name speaks for itself! ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if I use 4 RE MT 18's? think it could do a 166.1? I will be using an 18v setup. Also thinking about Iasca, want to try to do a 167.5 in IDBL Advanced 4.

Shawn FlemingNothing Else needs to be said, the name speaks for itself! ;)

what if I use 4 RE MT 18's? think it could do a 166.1? I will be using an 18v setup. Also thinking about Iasca, want to try to do a 167.5 in IDBL Advanced 4.

FO sho if u had 4 RE MT 18's I think u could definitly. But with anything its all on install and build. You could have the most power and the most woofers but without proper install airspace and all that jibber jabber its not gonna do you a whole lot.  But hearin what i've heard on tha MT's I'm sold on them those will be my next subs I get after I my cutthrough done.

you should switch those MA audio amps and get either 4 T20001bds or 2 T40001bds, or better yet 4 T40001bds. you'd rock the scale then for batteries, go batcap bro. i've been researching and they are very good and don't take a lot of space at that.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

yeh those are the biggest ones they make, made just for competition. you said you already have two 350 amp alternators, run plenty of 1/0 gauge, get a good headunit, line driver for the clean voltage, build a good enclosure and you'll be on the way.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module