Team Nor Cal Bass Durango Build

well its time for a new one, this one will be complete. i just started. ill post what pics i have now, tomorrow im picking up my speakers and finishing tomorrow, the box was built by Forevrbumpn :drinks:

the box is huge! looks great, fits perfect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I reconize the box work... So whats the specs of that bad boy?

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

I'am a little late on this, I was busy getting kind of faded tonite, its Saturday......

Its 7.5cf tuned to 33hz- Large area port ( not as big as the opening looks, thats just to direct the flow to the sweet spot for metering, if he ever meters it, while still retaining good SQ)

The box was designed for max gain, while still being acoustically pleasing....

I have been extremly sick this last week, I got better fast, but got sick very fast as well, bronchitis is a bitch- Flu+ Asthma= very painful sickness

Here are a few build pics, again, I was very sick, and had about 20 mins build time every time I worked on the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally done, box all sanded, filled, ready for paint

Again, I was not pleased until the very VERY end, I finally started to feel better, I was sick as a dog, and anyone who talked to me on the phone knew how sick I really was. 20 mins about 2 - 3 times a day,( I seriously couldn't move the box more than 3 feet, without going in side and resting on the couch!!!) took me a whopping 3 - 4 days to get this finally done

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

why only 1/4 recess for the subz? looks kinda funny, other than that looks great, do work

Your right, dead on 1/4" I would have liked to go on down to 1/2" at least and get that woofer recessed in there nicer, but I guess at this point as long as it looked good, and served its purpose- dead on OD of the 15" with gasket, with just enough play to fit woofers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i dont know why sub holes are cut like that,but i dont care. the box is hella clean and strong :good: im sure it will hold up fine, being that its for sq, i could care less about #s. im happy with it. ken knows his shit. it took a little longer than expected but he was sick so im not trippin.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived