I've got a question man, I've been wanting to do a small bit on the inside of my lower lip but many places around here will not do it for me because they don't like the idea that it's an almost certain that tattoos inside the lip will fade over time. I have gotten one place which I've gotten great feedback from family members that will do it, but they will not offer free touchups or they also don't approve of me doing it. Now I've done my homework and understand completely where the tattoo artist's are coming from and have no disrespect for their professional advice on why I shouldn't get it, however I feel like I still think I would be up for getting it done.

What are your thoughts on the subject. I've seen alot of examples and yes, overtime I see that the tattoo does wear, however the way I see the wear it's more of a fade and can be re done as many times as I would like, and for what I want it would be a very simple tattoo so I think even with wear over time, you could still get it touched up and it would look great. (This is all just my understanding on the subject, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Btw, where about's in texas are you from?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you do just basic tats or do you do/design crazy shit like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i coulda used you when i was lookin at gettin the wings on my back. took me FOREVER to find the shape/design i wanted. i want to get them extended now. and then a design on my ribs i sketched up, tho i'd like to see it more professionally done. wish you lived closer. i'd drive a while to get a tat if the price was right. but not texas far lol

thats where i got the design i have now that says faith

i want one that says trust or truth, but both ive found on there were not the design i really wanted

im wanting to stick with the same design obviously

Posted Image

lemme do some searching/sketching and i'll see what i can come up with. thats a pretty simple ambigram. some of them are REALLY intricate and crazy and illegible. i like that one. it's got a good design.

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

do you do just basic tats or do you do/design crazy shit like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

i do all kinds. i don't get to do those as much, because i live in a country bump-kin town and people just want the basic flash mostly, but occasionally, someone comes in and lets me go crazy. so, yeah, to answer your question, i do basic and crazy stuff like that.

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

that looks like Guy Atchinson's work....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

lemme do some searching/sketching and i'll see what i can come up with. thats a pretty simple ambigram. some of them are REALLY intricate and crazy and illegible. i like that one. it's got a good design.

tyvm! i like this one alot, your right some of them on that site are hella hard to tread, this one is very easy and thats what im wanting for my other one...thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I've got a question man, I've been wanting to do a small bit on the inside of my lower lip but many places around here will not do it for me because they don't like the idea that it's an almost certain that tattoos inside the lip will fade over time. I have gotten one place which I've gotten great feedback from family members that will do it, but they will not offer free touchups or they also don't approve of me doing it. Now I've done my homework and understand completely where the tattoo artist's are coming from and have no disrespect for their professional advice on why I shouldn't get it, however I feel like I still think I would be up for getting it done.

What are your thoughts on the subject. I've seen alot of examples and yes, overtime I see that the tattoo does wear, however the way I see the wear it's more of a fade and can be re done as many times as I would like, and for what I want it would be a very simple tattoo so I think even with wear over time, you could still get it touched up and it would look great. (This is all just my understanding on the subject, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Btw, where about's in texas are you from?

Yeah, a lot of tattoo shops won't do the inner lip. Some of that is due to the fact that a lot of artists don't train to do lips, as it requires a REALLY steady hand and complete stillness from the customer. The other key factor is that they usually don't heal well. Now, my shop does the first touch-up for free, on any tattoo. I will, sometimes, even do a second touchup for free for inner lips or really hard to heal areas. The best thing you can do for inner lips tattoo is keep it very simple. It's not going to heal as good as an arm tattoo. The tissue in the mouth is a really hard area to heal, due partly to the fact that it's always moist and heals very rapidly. You're constantly growing new skin in your mouth. I say go ahead and get it. Make sure they've done lip tattoos before and they looked good. I know that sounds dumb, but a lot of people don't consider the fact, that just because a shop is open, it doesn't mean it's a good shop.

Unfortunately, with the advent of shows like Miami Ink and LA Ink, everybody wants and thinks they can be a tattoo artist. So, we're seeing a lot of homemade and "professionally" done tattoos that look like crap. Hell, there are 2 shops in my town alone that are complete crap. Just go to a reputable shop and you'll usually have a happy experience.

I work in Texarkana, TX at Dermagraphic Studio 903-793-2276. We've been open for almost 17 years. We are completely sterile and use only disposable tubes, needles, ink cups....well hell everything. The only thing we don't throw away after a tattoo is the machine, itself.

I hope I answered your question. Just be sure to let the tattoo heal a good month to month and half before any touchup ever. Your skin needs time to heal. If you don't let it, it will usually result in massive color loss, horrendous pain, and possible scarring. It's like this, think of getting a gnarly, horrible sunburn and then getting another really bad sunburn a few days later. Very painful! :censored:

jason

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

that looks like Guy Atchinson's work....

I was thinking the same thing. That dude is crazy awesome. I'm not, in any way, saying I'm as good as him. That dude has been tattooing for A LONG TIME, but yeah, it's really awesome work!

That cavernous looking, geiger stuff isn't really my favorite to do, but every once in a while, it's fun to have an anneurism trying to do it. HAHAHA.

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

i do all kinds. i don't get to do those as much, because i live in a country bump-kin town and people just want the basic flash mostly, but occasionally, someone comes in and lets me go crazy. so, yeah, to answer your question, i do basic and crazy stuff like that.

Your "Town" would probablyy love my Father-in-Laws back....Best back at the 2007 Tattoo Expo in San Francisco,Ca

Posted Image

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Archived