numatik

Numatik's Doored S-20 - bodydropped on doors, ext-ext cab, 10 subs full frame build!

1,368 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

**** this is the beginning of a project that has changed VERY VERY VERY DRASTICALLY!!! IT HAS BEEN LITERALLY CUT IN HALF, BODYDROPPED PAST DOORS AND MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!TO SEE WHAT THE TRUCK IS GOING THROUGH NOW, CHECK THE LAST PAGES OF THIS THREAD!!!!!!****

Wassup guys,

thought i would log this build as I go.

My name is Gary I live in West Sacramento CA. I have a 2003 Chevy S-10 ext cab, bagged and bodydropped in my garage, full backhalf, 20s, dump bed, 4 kinetik 2400s, molded dash, 10 subs and a bunch more.

I got a killer deal on some T3 TS woofers, so I thought I would try them out. Iv always had 15s and 18s in this truck, so this is the smallest type of woofer iv ever had, but iv also never had this many before. I am going to be running 10 T3 Audio TS woofers, S4s. Now the goal is to make this thing a loud as fuck, bassracer that will hopefully be in the 150s, but like i said, I have never messed with these little subs before. Its more an experiment then anything, and if it dosn't work i'll sell the woofers and buy some T3 TSNS 15s or some DC level 5 15s.

So today, I stripped the interior, added 2 runs of 1/0 ground to the 2 runs of 1/0 I already had, stripped my old system out, pulled out my false floor and basically got the garage cleaned up for the build. 2marro Elvis is gonan come buy and drop me off 2 sheets of 1" 4 x 10 mdf

The idea I had in mind was a wedge, 28" tall, 52" wide. 19.5" deep on the bottom, 13" deep on the top, woofers firing forward, port firing up. port is 5" x 22.5 and 23 inches deep bringing it just above 35hz. my trucks res freq is 46hz, but i like to listen to alot of jeezy and low rumbly bass. I understand these are 10s, but i figure enough of them should be able to bang the lows, maybe even some little hairtricks

I am open to hear any ideas/suggestions people have on the enclosure as well, like I said, its an expierment

heres some pics of the truck so u get some idea what im working with here (im a pciture whore, so 56k beware.......)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres the dash i recently molded

Posted Image

Posted Image

150sqft of fatmat

Posted Image

crossovers under the false floor

Posted Image

4 channel tucked in the corner.il be in the market soon for a bigger one, i plan on swapping the type xs with some boston SPZs, and another pair of Zs in my center console

Posted Image

buckets out of an older s10. no headrests ftw!

Posted Image

Posted Image

to see the entire bodydrop build, check out my thread on iveverlow, its a fiarly lengthy thread it took a year to build but heres the link if ur bored and want to check it out. again, 56k beware... http://iveverlow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1119

Edited by numatik
1 person likes this

Damn who built that truck.... looks like poop!

Some guy named josh said he he did most of the work :)

Damn who built that truck.... looks like poop!

Some guy named josh said he he did most of the work :)

hahaha yea right

Nice dime. Cant say it enough, MO PICS! lol.

Nice dime. Cant say it enough, MO PICS! lol.

thanks!! its been a gang of work to get it where it is, and i still have alot of work to do

heres a few more pics/vids in random order as i come across them

heres a little bedless draggin right after i finished the rear setup

heres a pic of the tline hybrid i had in there before

Posted Image

Posted Image

parked before i finished the bed. Firmly laying rocker on 20s. this truck can lay 22s up front,a nd 24s in the rear i just dont have the money for bigger wheels!

Posted Image

here is the frame hacked off

Posted Image

heres the new one gettin built up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here it is tacked together with the new link i made, also from scratch :). I dont belive in any prefab kits. everything is made in house other then the bushings and bushing ends

Posted Image

i got the idea for these gussets off a race car. this frame is strong as fuck!

Posted Image

Posted Image

lower bars i made

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

battery mockup

Posted Image

Posted Image

my homey made me the fuel cell. its 21 gallon with all stock emmisions, fabbed out of 1.4in thick steel! it was originally gonna get mounted behind the batterys so i wantedd it drag proof

Posted Image

sub frame, battery rack, air tanks, and link in primer

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

paint. soon to be vortex lined

Posted Image

under the hoos there isnt much to see, its gutted. got a 7" hot rod brake booster, i fabed a new slave cylinder assmebly to clear the wheels, removed heat, ac, heater core defroster all that crap. got fbi upper and lower control arms with drop spindles and crossshafts, relocaged abs, electric fan and an intake off of a 86 RX7. soon im gonan swap with a cavalier intake manifold so i can have my stock hood back on without the hole. also currently have a 160 amp alt soon to be switched out with one or 2 big dog alts. im still in the market for those and im not sure what im gonna run yet

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a few days ago i made top 3 on cardomain!!

Posted Image

layed out at autorama 09

Posted Image

that should be enough past pics for now. iv got another 800 or so pics, but i dont wanna post everything lol. if anyone has questions about anything in particular (floor gettin cut, frame horns, more of the frame build, dump bed, plumbing/valves, removing, rebuilding and reinstalling the entire dash, brake booster install, tilt column install, passlock 2 bypass with new column, building the new floor, underhood relocation, control arms, etc) i can post them but other then that im gonna start concentrating on the future/current build.

last night i got more 1/0 ran, and elvis didnt come by so i dont have the wood yet. hopefully 2marro and the box build begins along with a new false floor. more up to date pics 2marro, as of right now everything is just stripped out