Sundown Audio

Half The Ohms/double The Power?

Its all with the efficiency of the internals. all amps are less efficient at lower ohms. so cutting the resistance in half never always assures youll double power. take the saz3000 for instance. its 800 at 4, 1600 at 2, 3000 at 1, but when you go down to .5 its only like 3500(or so ive been told).

jbl a6000, and most crown/jbl amps make more power at higher impedances

8110 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms,

14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N

7400 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm,

14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N

it has to do with how the voltage is handled at differing impedances afaik, like it steps the voltage on the rails up when it sees a higher impedance or something. idk diddly about amps.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

It all depends on how they are designed dude...just how some of the t2ks make the same power at 2 and 1.....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Lower the ohms the more power draw from the power supply, more amperage draw, closer to a short circuit

yes most amps do make more power at lower impedances, or if you have a 2ohm stereo amp, if you bridge it@ 4ohms, it makes the best power that way

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

It all depends on how they are designed dude...just how some of the t2ks make the same power at 2 and 1.....

some t2k's make more power at 2 ohm than 1 ohm :tease:

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

the ap30001d does 3k at 2 ohm, i got the book sitting right in front of me, and its 2x 1500 at 1 ohm... because its a 2 chan amp

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones