Mechman Alternators

Need More Idle Output On A Budget?

Fresh off our CNC lathe, we are now offering premium, custom machined aluminum hard-anodized competition overdrive pulleys. We have them avaialble for OEM and aftermarket alternators, and are gauranteed to signifigantly boost your alternator's output at idle by spinning the alternator faster at low engine RPMS. We now offer them in 46mm configurations, with most stock alternator pulleys being well over 60mm, and previous overdrive pulleys being 54mm. Only10 minutes to install, it's a no brainer for 20-80 more amps at idle depending on application!! These pullies can sometimes even band-aid poor idle output on "high output" alternators from other companies, if you made the unfortunate mistake of buying something other than a MechMan large case conversion. :)

Most applications- on sale for only $59

Holler- 1-888-MECHMAN extension 7

We also offer deep-groove aluminum V-belt pulleys for competition vehicles that are looking to run a 200+ amp alternator off of a single v-belt. (will require revving due to pulley ratio)

• 2 months later...

Just a question. If I install one of these on my stock 80 amp alt(hold the laughter guys :) ). Do I run the risk of burning up my stock alt, since it is spinning at way faster speeds?

forum_sundowncopy.jpgdd_red.gif

2 DD 9515

1 Soundown SAZ-3000D

2 Optima Redtops

Big 3 upgrade

Hitting 151.1db

We also offer deep-groove aluminum V-belt pulleys for competition vehicles that are looking to run a 200+ amp alternator off of a single v-belt. (will require revving due to pulley ratio)

I'm interested in the deep-groove pully. will this also help out on the idle output? I have a 250A rhino on a nissan pickup. I love the alt already but if it can make it better in interested. Just let me know.

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

Just a question. If I install one of these on my stock 80 amp alt(hold the laughter guys :) ). Do I run the risk of burning up my stock alt, since it is spinning at way faster speeds?

No. The stock pulley ratio is so weak on your vehicle, you would have to run the engine at an extremely high RPM (well over 6,400 rpm) in order to take the alternator outside it's safe limit. This is not the case on ALL vehicles, but your car has a pretty small crank pulley.

I'm interested in the deep-groove pully. will this also help out on the idle output? I have a 250A rhino on a nissan pickup. I love the alt already but if it can make it better in interested. Just let me know.

The deep groove V-belt pulley will increase output under loads by reducing belt slip, and allowing the alt to make the full 250 amps. The deep groove pulley is slightly larger than the overdrive pulley we send out on the Nissan units, so your idle output may be reduced slightly.

Matt,

I have a 4.0 engine in my 2005 ford explorer, how much will this help until I can get an alt for it?

The pulley will boost idle output by aprox. 20% on that vehicle. For the money, it's a great upgrade.