Thinkin Of A New Car: Got Caddy Cts On The Mind

Although I think them Caddy's are sick.... Just remember that the American Automotive industry is still quite shakey. That's why for the time being I bought rock solid German engineering. Then once the market here gets better is when I'll go back to buying American. It would suck to buy a car of that value and watch GM go belly up (although none of us want to see this happen).

I'll tell ya too...talk about the best of all three worlds...got comfort, got speed and the car handles like it's on rails :D

Weight

Unladen - 3594 (3605) lbs

Weight distribution, front/rear – 51.5/48.5 %

Performance

Liter/type - Twin Turbo 3.0/inline 6

Nominal output - hp/rpm 300/5800

Max. torque lb-ft/rpm - 300/1400-5000

Top speed - 150 mph

Acceleration 0-60 mph – 5.4 sec

And I am still seeing an average of 24mpg :drinks:

Posted Image

i love this car, ive driven a ton of cars and out of everything ive driven, this is by far my favorite. it has an elegant sense of luxury to it and very quiet interior making it seem like a tame luxury car til you hit the pedal and all hell breaks loose. are you going to get the vishnu v3 package for it? that would make this car absolutely killer and give vettes a run for their money. btw bmw's performance ratings on your car are conservative. they really run to 60 in about 4.8 seconds. i want to see BMW take the new 750Li motor and stick it into a 550i. twin turbo v8 550i would be sex.

honestly if youre going to get a caddy, get a used one they have no resale value whatsoever. i think you could pick up a very nice sts-v for under 40 and theres nothing granny about the sts-v.

Edited by Amalan

Between 30000 and 40000 is no resale value? Wow I will never have a vehicle with resale value then.

...? a brand new sts-v is 82,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Cadill...A1%7C240%3A1318

cadillacs are known for having no resale value...

edit: the cts may have a higher resale value with all the media hype about it but it still isnt that good.

Edited by Amalan

I do not know too many people who buy a car with the thoughts of getting about the same amount out of it when they sell it. On top of that Meade is not one for getting rid of a car. he has a honda that is not driven . If he were to sell either car he has in the shape they are in(modified) nobody would even pay book for them.

he already stated his next car will be a caddy.

hes already got it .... we just dont know it :)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

hes already got it .... we just dont know it :)

i thought the same thing he just doesnt have the shoes on it yet

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

he already stated his next car will be a caddy.

it still doesn't make sense to start a thread about it if you were 100% sold on finding a CTS. Psychology says he's looking for some input on if he's making the right choice, or he wants someone to give him a good reason not to get it.

And resale value noted above is definitely a good reason not to get it. At least not until it's 5 years old, and then, what's the point. Imports hold their resale value so much better than American, plus with the situation their in right now, whose to say they're still gonna be around for 5 years longer. All that bailout did was prolong the wait time. Acura's hold their sale value better than Lexus and Infiniti because Acura/Honda's won't be bought and sold a year later by rental companies. I don't know much about German cars as far as a depreciation percent goes. Acura's your best bet.

gickrcom_2a29f39d-4cc8-e414-f543-2.gif

www.mypsace.com/ineedagirl2006

And resale value noted above is definitely a good reason not to get it. At least not until it's 5 years old, and then, what's the point. Imports hold their resale value so much better than American, plus with the situation their in right now, whose to say they're still gonna be around for 5 years longer. All that bailout did was prolong the wait time. Acura's hold their sale value better than Lexus and Infiniti because Acura/Honda's won't be bought and sold a year later by rental companies. I don't know much about German cars as far as a depreciation percent goes. Acura's your best bet.

alltho your 100% correct. I must say after driving caddys all my life (the tahoe being my first non caddy) its very hard to change your mindset when you say you want a caddy.

Theres no acura thats going to change your mind otherwise (unless its something like a NSX or something) :)

but its just something about caddys that make you feel like king sh1t on the road. But that could really be the ego from your stock northstar passing all these "fast" imports with the deacals that make them go zoom zoom zoom with the coffee can exhaust and their big blow off valves for the 2lbs of boost from their stock turbo.

alltho your 100% correct. I must say after driving caddys all my life (the tahoe being my first non caddy) its very hard to change your mindset when you say you want a caddy.

Theres no acura thats going to change your mind otherwise (unless its something like a NSX or something) :)

but its just something about caddys that make you feel like king sh1t on the road. But that could really be the ego from your stock northstar passing all these "fast" imports with the deacals that make them go zoom zoom zoom with the coffee can exhaust and their big blow off valves for the 2lbs of boost from their stock turbo.

I know what you mean. It's that american suspension. No stiff Jap suspension will be able to match comfort with it's american class.

gickrcom_2a29f39d-4cc8-e414-f543-2.gif

www.mypsace.com/ineedagirl2006

it still doesn't make sense to start a thread about it if you were 100% sold on finding a CTS. Psychology says he's looking for some input on if he's making the right choice, or he wants someone to give him a good reason not to get it.

wtf? acura's dont hold better resale values than lexus and infiniti... since when do you see a ton of rental car lexus running around? german cars have the least amount of depreciation. i love how you say imports hold their resale value so much better but only focus on acura as the best... its not true at all. acura decided to hire monkeys as exterior designers they look ugly as hell now i would never ever drive one of the new tsx or tls everrrr.

I know what you mean. It's that american suspension. No stiff Jap suspension will be able to match comfort with it's american class.

mmm... id have to argue with that there are alot of nice jap luxury cars that are much more comfortable than caddys but caddy has that plush feel to it which i dont really like cause it handles like a tank with a lot of body roll. they compromise performance for comfort cause their previous target crowd was old ass people that have no interest in performance handling. cept i dont think this is really evident in the new cts. the new cts looks like a good bang for the buck.