Surround explained

There is Dolby True HD and DTS HD that actualy support 7.1 through HDMI even tho in the future these formats will be able to go up to 14.1 for Dolby True HD and even higher for DTS HD. There isnt anything that actualy is 7.1 at the moment tho. The audio will be fully uncompressed and you need a receiver to decode it. I dont know if they currently have a receiver that will do that yet but they were suppose to be coming out early this year. I havnt looked into it in awhile.

Head Unit: Alpine IVA-w505 with 120gig Ipod.

Mids and Highs: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s all around.

Mids and Highs Amp: Hifonics ZXi1008

Sub: HDC315 alum.

Sub Amp: SAZ3000D

1/0 All around. Powermaster Batts.

2004 Trailblazer LS

im not too sure about the truth behind this, but i talked to an audio retailer a while back who just came back from this convention type thing and he said that some audio companies are gonna be releasing 9.1/9.2 systems, but the film makers cant keep up with that, who knows how long it will be before you can buy a dvd thats 9.1 formatted

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

If you know your audio, and know how to process audio, its easy to go from a 5.1 system, and make your own 7.2, 10.2 systems(there are many processors you can buy ). Its all about delay between satalites mainly. But its not true, 7, or 10channel. That is ALOT of info to process, and some kind of new connector would have to come up. I heard of HDMI being used as audio also, which makes sense, because there are so many connectors on the cable, so it can be used for a discrete multi channel hook up (signal only)

All my years of audio, my favorite audio sources to come out were DVD Audio, and SACD. Pretty amazing when you can get 10hz-70,000 full band width on all 5 channels-discreet(Dolby hasent been able to achive that yet I dont think), and can easily distinguish between music behind you, and music in front of you, at full bandwidth~ awesome when you get the right demo music

And, BTW, thru the grape vine, I heard of Theater systems in the movie theaters switching over to 10.2, over head satalites, ect, should be sweet

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

70,000 htz?? isnt that not needed...i though the human ear couldnt hear above 22k

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

^^^ true but it SOUNDS cool to say that! Plus your dog can probably hear it pretty good ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

true...thats when their heads are all tilted and ears are back and they have the WTF look on their face...priceless.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

If you know your audio, and know how to process audio, its easy to go from a 5.1 system, and make your own 7.2, 10.2 systems(there are many processors you can buy ). Its all about delay between satalites mainly. But its not true, 7, or 10channel. That is ALOT of info to process, and some kind of new connector would have to come up. I heard of HDMI being used as audio also, which makes sense, because there are so many connectors on the cable, so it can be used for a discrete multi channel hook up (signal only)

All my years of audio, my favorite audio sources to come out were DVD Audio, and SACD. Pretty amazing when you can get 10hz-70,000 full band width on all 5 channels-discreet(Dolby hasent been able to achive that yet I dont think), and can easily distinguish between music behind you, and music in front of you, at full bandwidth~ awesome when you get the right demo music

And, BTW, thru the grape vine, I heard of Theater systems in the movie theaters switching over to 10.2, over head satalites, ect, should be sweet

Hey ive been looking at DVD-Audio and i was wondering if you played them on a regular dvd player? or you bought the special one?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 1 month later...

the frequencys aboce 16k hz are really just over tones, you still need thembut above 30k or so its worthless

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

the human ear can hear up to 20k hz ideally. the older you get the lower that number becomes but if you are young, thats around what you can hear. anything above that number tho you will not be able to hear at all so yeah it is utterly useless.