First Sanctioned Spl Event(148.2 @27 Hertz)

This weekend I hit 148.2 on the meter with my 4-cvr 15"s tuned to 27 hertz.If I tuned higher could I raise that to 150 maybe?Its walled off and I plan on getting two alternators and more batteries but I wont have them before the next competition.What should I tune it to?

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

If it's tuned to 27 I'd say bump it up to around 35-38. Your not going to be able to bang as hard on super super lows but it will still play in the high 20's with authority. I'm currently tuned to 37 with 2 15's and peaking at 41hz. My number is over a 150 at this point too with only 3K watts.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It's tuned at 27hz and you burped a 148.2 @ 27hz? Did you try a sweep? You probably have a totally different peak somewhere else, without even re-tuning it try burping 54hz because you will have a resonance node there and it should be lots louder than 27...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i dought that 148 was at 27hz if your box is tuned to that then i dont think that is wheere you peak at...

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

your car almost always peaks a bit higher then box tuning.

If his box is tuned at 27 hertz, and he burps at 27 hertz and does a 148.2 db, he could proboly go and burp at a 35hertz and gain a bit.

A sine sweep like boon says will allow you to see if you get any louder at a different freq, unless you wanted to do 1hz increments at a time.

This weekend I hit 148.2 on the meter with my 4-cvr 15"s tuned to 27 hertz.If I tuned higher could I raise that to 150 maybe?Its walled off and I plan on getting two alternators and more batteries but I wont have them before the next competition.What should I tune it to?

higher tuning should definitely get you to a 150..unless you were using a large suv and a box in the cargo area where the resonant frequency is still in the low 40hz range. then there might not be enough gap between the resonant freq and your 27hz note to make the 150...but would be very close and could be easily worked on and achieved

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

CONGRATULATIONS BROTHA NICE SCORE........

As everyone has pointed out raising your frequency is gonna raise your number a bit. Before you even consider building a wall try just do some tests to see if you can get a little bit louder. I'm sure you can do it.

CONGRATULATIONS BROTHA NICE SCORE........

As everyone has pointed out raising your frequency is gonna raise your number a bit. Before you even consider building a wall try just do some tests to see if you can get a little bit louder. I'm sure you can do it.

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

It is already a wall, and its a 2001 suburban!The box is 17.44 cu.ft. after port displacement.I did not account for the subs or bracing (Threaded rods)The port is 10 by 12 at 19"s long. How short should it be to get me tuned higher for spl.My measurements comes up with a port thats very short (around 3-inches)Could someone help me out I want a second opinion before I cut another port.I have another Idea for my removal port,I am gonna use 4 threaded rods that go from the back of the box through the port face so all I have to do is remove for nuts & washers to get the port out and exchange it with another port.Plus it adds bracing to port and box.

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm