Mechman Alternators

Alt. For 1998 Acura Integra Ls 1.8l

What options do I have ?

We actually just set up Red barron with a unit for his 99 integra LS- We have 4 models for that vehicle. All for of them are based on the same custom machined large case housing so they are an easy bolt-in. Because we use the late model large case design, you get infinitely better output at idle than anything based on a small OEM housing. Also, they have better cooling and durability at higher amperage levels. We stand behind all of our amperage claims by including a dyno sheet that shows exactly what your unit put out on the dyno at ALL rpms. Also, all four units come with our 1 year "hassle free" warranty.

DynamoXL 150 amp - Excellent output between 500-700 rpm - $375 shipped

ProPower 200 amp - 125+ amps by 800 rpm - $449 shipped

Rhino 250 amp - 150+ amps by 800 rpm - $499 shipped

Comp 300 amp - 80 amps by 800 rpm - $599 shipped

Be for-warned, that because of the tiny alternator belt that your Acura uses, belt slip will be an issue at anything above 200 amps.

I have all four currently in stock. Add $99 for in-cab adjustable voltage.

thanks

Matt

1-888-MECHMAN extension 7

This isn't an Acura unit, but it gives you an idea in the difference in beefyness: IMG_4474.jpg

That sucks about the belt , what did you guys use on the 99 Integra LS ?

I need an alternator to power a Sundown SAZ-3000D . Think the ProPower 200 amp - 125+ amps by 800 rpm one would be enough and not slip ?

Car has a cheaper ebay 170amp alternator on it . It dont really put out much below 1500 engine rpm from the voltage drop I see with only a Kicker zx1000.1 @ 2ohms .

Its just a small OEM size though aka Trash .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

That sucks about the belt , what did you guys use on the 99 Integra LS ?

I need an alternator to power a Sundown SAZ-3000D . Think the ProPower 200 amp - 125+ amps by 800 rpm one would be enough and not slip ?

Car has a cheaper ebay 170amp alternator on it . It dont really put out much below 1500 engine rpm from the voltage drop I see with only a Kicker zx1000.1 @ 2ohms .

Its just a small OEM size though aka Trash .

We just advised him that belt slup would be an issue, and that is might slip under load. He said he didn't mind over tightening the belt, and he doesn't really drive the car that much with the system turned up anyway. (belt slip is only an issue when under an electrical load)

Any unit claiming 170 amps out of the stock Denso housing will ZERO output at idle. They are efficient litlle units in factory form, to try and re-wind them just screws them up.

The ProPower 200 amp is the unit that I would reccomend. It would power that setup nicely, have great output at idle, and would have only minor belt slip issues at full load.