Sundown Audio

So today i decided i am going to stick with my tline in my truck for a while or until i can get some good 18s and i am going to resin and glass this box so i needed to take it out of the truck so i figured i could do a little testing i poped in a 50hz test tone and put it on repeat

the voltage

104_0252.jpg

this with the gain half way up i would put it a little higher to get the the full wattage out of it

104_0250.jpg

which is around 1100-1200 watts

all i can say is wow i wouldnt ever set my gain this high but it did put this out for about 3 mins or so straight and the amp did get a little warm but not hot with the gain all the way up and 0 bass boost

104_0251.jpg

this is around 3500 watts! wow i would ever do this but it shows that this amp is more than capable of putting out more than rated

i may get flamed for this but i thought id share the results with everyone who doesnt like sundown or doesnt know about the brand

Roseville, CA

So today i decided i am going to stick with my tline in my truck for a while or until i can get some good 18s and i am going to resin and glass this box so i needed to take it out of the truck so i figured i could do a little testing i poped in a 50hz test tone and put it on repeat

the voltage

104_0252.jpg

this with the gain half way up i would put it a little higher to get the the full wattage out of it

104_0250.jpg

which is around 1100-1200 watts

all i can say is wow i wouldnt ever set my gain this high but it did put this out for about 3 mins or so straight and the amp did get a little warm but not hot with the gain all the way up and 0 bass boost

104_0251.jpg

this is around 3500 watts! wow i would ever do this but it shows that this amp is more than capable of putting out more than rated

i may get flamed for this but i thought id share the results with everyone who doesnt like sundown or doesnt know about the brand

gain all the way up makes it amazing? I agree the amps are bad ass, based on testimonials, but what does it show that it puts out a lot power at full gain for 3 minutes? A LOT of people run their stuff clipping the whole time they own the car.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

No o-scope though, so you don't know if it is clipping or not.

....but still.... Woah. :)

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Amp gain is directly proportional to radio preout voltage.

The higher the preout voltage the lower the amp gain setting.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Uhhhh, it doesn't quite work like that. I'm glad you're impressed but you will never see 3500watts out of the saz-1500d.

so how does it work?

does the speakers have to be hooked up for the ohm load?

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace