Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Sweet build. Ill admit I was like what the F#%k when I saw you were using tables! But ill admit, looks good and solid. keep it up and get it finished :)

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Sweet build. Ill admit I was like what the F#%k when I saw you were using tables! But ill admit, looks good and solid. keep it up and get it finished :)

:) Tables are wood too! LOL. And they are laminated on one side for that slick bassy goodness. If all goes as planned, it will be done in about a month. Actually taking my time on this one. When I rush I get pissy and make mistakes.

I like that idea of the white for where the subs are. I might have to use some crazy material to get that color, but that might be the way to go.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like much- but it kinda' was. Got the back in and glued, got internal braces done, figured out how the amps will go, wired the subs in the box, began paint, and picked out some carpet for the sub face.

My wife actually said she was ready to see some work done so she could hear it! Gasp! The wifey interested in the stereo?? Crazy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I plan on working on it all day tomorrow. It is quite possible that it will make noise.... but maybe not. :)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

X2, I was thinking the same but it looks very solid. The only thing I would do is add a layer or two of glass inside to smooth everything out. Otherwise can't say a thing, looks stout.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Lookin good!!!! :good:

vids up ASAP! and i second the motion for a bead of resin/silicone to make sure everything is really solid and sealed

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

More pictures! I played all day, and the wife helped me out a lot. Most of the stuff was tedious (for me) so it took a while. Took my time getting stuff pretty b/c once it is done it is done for good.

I thought about doing the resin inside- but it is def. too late now. I don't think it would make all that much difference for daily. Trust me, it is sealed solid. There isn't a place where two pieces of wood come together where there isn't another in the corner of that. It is pretty solid. :)

Posted Image

Carpet done for subs. Went with a black with speckles (or whatever) It isn't solid black so it hides the dirty. Painted the sides and port black.

Posted Image

3 Hifonics 1600s ('05 in middle, 2 25th anniversary '08s on sides). The blue light is gonna' be powerful! :)

Posted Image

Subs in- money shot.

Posted Image

Side money shot. :)

Posted Image

3 runs of 2awg ground wire.

Woot! I am going to have to redo my amp board for my highs- which is going to suck and take some time. Also I had a bit of a washer diameter problem that kept me from testing the boom only.

There will be vids as soon as she is up and runnin! :)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived