Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Can't wait to see vids of this in action. I like the table top idea, especially since I have a few of them laying in a warehouse. I may use some of them to do my next build (hopefully by the end of this year or sooner)

Looks good. Hope it sounds just as good.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Thanks guys. :)

I am going out to work on it some more. May be able to have bass only by tonight. We have really bad weather coming in and I am on call, so there is no telling though.

I appreciate the input and compliments!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I love those old school Vega's, I had two in my neon with 600 watts rms for my first system. Where did you find all twelve of them in that shape and how much? :good:

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Looks good bro I'm gonna have to find ya to get a demo I'm down on the coast in gulfport

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

I love those old school Vega's, I had two in my neon with 600 watts rms for my first system. Where did you find all twelve of them in that shape and how much? :good:

Drew

I have been collecting these things from here and there and eBay for going on 5 years now. I have 5 that are in like new condition, 4 that are pretty good, and the others are getting on in age. I snag them up when I find them if I have the $ :)

Looks good bro I'm gonna have to find ya to get a demo I'm down on the coast in gulfport

Without a doubt! Hopefully if all keeps on going as planned, I will be at Scrapin' on Saturday June 20th. I would love to meet up with folks and put faces to names. :friends:

Well- I managed to get the Brutus amps wired up for power. I ran remote and rcas temporary and ball parked the settings on the amps to get an idea of how it will sound. No vids because it got dark- but I know this- it will do hair tricks! It didn't do anything crazy with my wife's hair, but I have never done it before and have no idea about how to do it- I just put in a cd, turned up the volume and her hair will lift a bit. That was low volume, amps not properly set, no bass processor, nada. I am pleased. The box is much MUCH tighter than I expected. It plays "quick" and hits you hard in the chest. The lows aren't as pronounced as with my old box (relatively speaking) but I think that it hits harder around 40-45 hz.

Sorry no vids, and it will be a week before I have any more real work to show. I still have to completely redo the amp and processor board. That is going to take time to make it look good.

Here are some night pics of the Brutus amps. These really don't do it justice- these things are Bright! I laughed out loud when I first saw them in the dark.

Posted Image

From the side, doors closed.

Posted Image

Back, doors open.

Posted Image

Back, doors open again.

Posted Image

And again- with no flash. Hard to keep the camera that still without getting the pics blurry.

Thanks guys!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Looks sick!!! I knew a guy who had 4 12s in his s10 back in the day, and that thing was brutal.. 12 of those Ol' Schoolers should be a Sight!!! Loud Chant> Vids Vids Vids

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Thanks guys. :)

btw... what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2. :(

They still play, but they don't sound too happy doing it. Add that one up to the duh huh in me.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived