Mechman Alternators

My Mechman Rhino 250 Alt......

First I want to say Matt it was great doing business with you, customer service is a big deal for most but means everything to me when buying anything. Some of you may or may not know but I do run the "Other" brand Alternator in my Dime...have since 2003-04 and have only had 1 problem that was fixed quickly since then.

Well after a MONTH of trying to get an answer to some question about my Burban I decided it was time for a change and after reading alot...and I mean alot about Mechman's products and Customer service I emailed Matt and got a responce, my questions answered and a quote within 3 days.

Now on to the Alternator...I installed my Alt Sunday and to say I was impressed would be an understatement...Of course like anything I had some mounting issues but it wasn't anything a cut-off wheel couldn't solve.

You can see in the pictures where the rear bracket hit the Alternator, well I cut it off and re-attached it where I will weld a piece to re-connect it. For now the two other mounting spots are more then enough to hold it on and this thing is set.

You just can't go wrong with the adjustable Voltage and I can't wait to get the back batteries connected.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

:8)

That is cool man.... I hope people read these notes on customer service. I happen to run the same brand you are, and Im more than happy...

Out of what seems to be the top 3 alt companies, 2 seem to have really great customer service... and I hope people back them up by buying there product.....

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

this might sound dumb but y did you bolt the bracket on if it wasn't connected?, or are you gonna weld someting in place?

Exactly why I bolted it back on...going to weld a piece there for added strength and when I do i didn't want to have to search for it in a tool box or bin. :8)

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Have you tried unplugging the alternator plug to activiate the higher voltage setpoint? It should be set to 15.1V right now whenever you unplug the harness, 14.7 plugged in. You can set it to whatever you want by turning the little white screw on in the red voltage regulator, but I wouldn't go much above 15 volts, as higher voltages have a tendancy to dry out your batts. It should make your system noticably louder!

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Have you tried unplugging the alternator plug to activiate the higher voltage setpoint? It should be set to 15.1V right now whenever you unplug the harness, 14.7 plugged in. You can set it to whatever you want by turning the little white screw on in the red voltage regulator, but I wouldn't go much above 15 volts, as higher voltages have a tendancy to dry out your batts. It should make your system noticably louder!

Yes I have...thats the best feature ever (well besides the dash mounted knob but I ordered mine a day before I saw the knob feature)

Actually while its plugged in I can still adjust the vltage which I can see rise/lower on the dash and with my DMM.

Thanks again. :8)