Second Skin Audio

Pissed Off Pass Pissivity

ok here is my build (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=41077) my original plans was for a L shape port but the builder was totally on the abs shit. Ok lets build it. I fell like it should be hittin way harder than it should yeah it shake the back window but damn where is my windshield flex, soda can trip hair trick AHH WHAT THE FUCK TRICK can any givin advise on take the abs out use that area for a vent(slot) port the box is seperated by chambers each is 7.0^3 18 inch fi Q's w/BP. :mad: :help: :shot:

I didn't read the build just looked though it. the ports looked like 4" circles so that is what i went off with the four ports now you only have 50 sq in port area. I think it said it was 2 18's so going off that you should have a min. of 150 sq in port area so that could be your problem.

And for the different tricks and thing I have always seen it done with lower notes. I got 4 Fi BTL 15's on 8000 watts and can barely do a little one but the box is tuned higher for SPL.

Best thing to do is build multiple box and until you find one you like

I didn't read the build just looked though it. the ports looked like 4" circles so that is what i went off with the four ports now you only have 50 sq in port area. I think it said it was 2 18's so going off that you should have a min. of 150 sq in port area so that could be your problem.

And for the different tricks and thing I have always seen it done with lower notes. I got 4 Fi BTL 15's on 8000 watts and can barely do a little one but the box is tuned higher for SPL.

Best thing to do is build multiple box and until you find one you like

Thanks i want to get rid of those ugly ass abs & use that area for a slot port what would i have to cut in and does it have to go down and then turn in

Buy 4 proper 6" aeroports.

Then you'll have to massively cut out your current baffle and screw a new one on top.

EDIT: And if you like your amps, please, don't screw them straight to the sub box. It'll kill them.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

first off....make sure everything is wired right, if your that pissed off it must not be loud at all. Since the box is already built, it will be a bish to get a slot port in there. 2 4" ports comes out to 3.6 sq inches of port for every cube, it should be min 12! i'd say cut out a big enough section out of the baffle to add another and put 2 6" aero ports for each chamber. that brings it to about 8 per cuft, which is about right for aero's 6" Aeroport

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

ive seen plenty of amps on a sub box, as long as they have rubber pads :D;)

I dont but thats what i usually use will do that once i get my bump bump right also forgot to add the builder had decided on another port so thats 3 (4 inch ports @ 18 each) for each chamber. Also i have seen for the slot ports it just go down and not wrapped around under the subwoofer is that any good

Edited by Xtace