Performance Mods For A 5.9l 360 Magnum

does anyone know what m1 intake to use for my engine? im looking into getting a fastman 52mm TB. and idk what intake to use since they are 2bbl and 4bbl and single and double plain intakes.

hey sorry if this is a bit late but im doing all the mods on my 98 5.9L jeep that you mentioned. Im going with a ported kegger with a fastman 52mm TB (dont go 4bbl cause it incase you do decide you want more power and go with a blower then you cant use the 4bbl. hughes makes a good intake manifold for the truck a tad pricey but it works, i luckily have all the necessary tools to port mine and modify to his standards without paying to have it shipped back and forth. Im going with a krc 210x cam most wild cam you can get thats streetable and an sct tuner tuned by hemifever. Id get larger injectors as well theyll help out a bunch. Im running a 14.8 in the quarter stock. Im hoping with all these mods ill be in the high 13s and mid 13s once i start shaving some unnecessary weight like trailer hitch, spare tire etc.

• 1 month later...

oh ok good info on the blower. yeah im lookin to get a new cam.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/

I have the new 2" ID glasspack from this company. It's 8" long. I bought it off of summitracing.com.

I don't know how it sounds on a Magnum, but my chevy pickup has a very deep rumble.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

For all that you mentioned the easiest would be to throw a ProCharger on the stock motor and upgrade the fuel system. You would be money ahead. (Trust me). But I would only do the supercharger if the motor was not completely wore out. I would almost bet you could easily get 150-180 hp with the ProCharger kit. (More then enough to find the first weakest link in your drive train. Next option would be a turbo kit from (I think) Pro Turbo kits makes one or you can check out this page this guy put a twin turbo kit on his 360 and looks to be a nice way to go. Google Turbo kits for Dodge durango 360 and see what comes up. If you have any other question shoot me a PM. I've been doing Drag Radial racing for over 10 years and have some knowledge in this type of stuff. here is a picture of our last drag radial car when we was at Orlando at the World Street Nationals. The picture are just to show you that I'm not B.S.'s ya.

Testing before Orlando

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the motor we had in the car at Orlando.

Posted Image

Here are a few shots of some turbo cars we built for other guys in the mid west.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Archived