*your* Computer - Showoff

I played with the new powerbook, I liked how it operated smooth and fast. I know too much about pc's to just switch over, and I am too worried about software compatibility issues, you know what I mean?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Guest MegaloManiac
I played with the new powerbook, I liked how it operated smooth and fast. I know too much about pc's to just switch over, and I am too worried about software compatibility issues, you know what I mean?

meh you have compatibility issues with Vista now. lol so u wanna switch, switch now :)

Thanks.

If someone says they would never buy an apple, it doesnt really bother me, its when they trash talk it before they even know whats up.. its like saying you dont like a food without even trying it.... lol.

I just love my G5's look, the whole metal, box style with like billion holes for cooling.. lol look so sweet! =D

I remembered when we upgraded to OS X and the fans would kick in and it would sound like an Jet Engine during installation of the OS. But on normal op its pretty much low key in noise.

Edited by MegaloManiac

I have no fan problems, mine are fairly quite, the only thing that makes the most noise is my disc drive, thats it i dont ever hear my fans and it doesnt ever get too hot that the fans have to be louder, the fans most of the time stay at a constant speed, they do adjust according to the heat level but normally its never hot anyway.. lol..

With the whole software compatibility thing... you can get the Intel-Based macs which allow you to run windows on them, you can either dual boot or you can get software such as "virtual PC" or "Parallels" which allows you to run windows in a separate window while still operating Mac OS X.

Its pretty nifty what you can do with mac these days..

06 SCION tC

Guest MegaloManiac

oh the fan thing wasnt a problem. When installing the OS it checks to see if the fans are working to their full potential.

We have Virtual PC as well at the studio. Its a bit laggy but we use for the little things that mac doesnt have to offer.

Guest Nismofreak

Mac are good for movies and music I have to say but not for gaming. Pc are for gaming and for music if you have the right software. I think it just software that makes a computer good.

Here's my lil' place in the world for a few hours a day:

(I already know the pics kinda suck)

computerkm9.jpg

You can see that my computer is a peice of trash, but it gets the job done! (especially when I shoot it with a bb gun when it acts like a bitch)

shotcomputeruq5.jpg

Shooting it REALLY does help every single time! :lol::D

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Wow! Nice, and BELIEVE it or not.. I'm pretty Sure i was at the website a while back.. pretty funny.. i think.. lol.

Sweet designs man!

Thanks man.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire