Mechman Alternators

The Competition...

Every so often we get high output alternators from other alternator companies sent in for repair or testing. We have a policy of not dragging other alternator manufacturers names through the mud, but I will tell you that all of the units shown in this thread are from well known alternator manufacturers that regularly sell to the car audio market. We have been trying to get people to understand the difference in performance that can only be achieved by converting to a large case housing, so perhaps this will tell the story a little better...

This unit was sent in to us because the customer thought that it was not working and needed repair. We put it on the dyno, and as it turns out there was nothing wrong with it. The customer thought that it wasn't working, because the output was so low at low RPMS, that the voltage wouldn't come up above battery voltage below about 1200 engine RPM.

This unit came off of a 1997 Toyota Celica, and cost the customer $380 + shipping.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The output curve is almost totally uselless for any vehicle driven on the street. It produced zero amps at actual idle speed on the Celica, and only 25 amps at about 800 rpm. Even at max. RPM, it barely produced 154 amps cold. It was built with a used rectifier, used brush holder, (about 75% life left) and used stock rotor.

Posted Image

Here's another unit from another well known high output alternator company. It cost the customer over $600 + shipping and took 3 weeks to arrive!!! It is based on a large case Denso design, and was also built using primarily reclaimed parts, stock rotor, etc...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It did OK at idle, about 125 amps by 2500 RPM alternator speed. This is comperable idle output for our 200 amp ProPower large case kit. Peak output was at 244 amps, it was sold to the customer at a 280 amp unit!!

Posted Image

The unit above came off of a late model Jeep. Our 250 amp Rhino series unit for the same vehicle outperformed the Denso at ALL rpms, and is $100 less expensive. Our 250 amp Rhino series units usually dyno out around 270 amps with over 150 amps at idle

Posted Image

you the man

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

^thats why mechmans the boss....and for there customer service :clapping:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

^thats why mechmans the boss....and for there customer service :clapping:

if I get mbdblue's alt than you will be hearing back from me for a high output alt with a dual kit.

good stuff mechman :good:

glad to see that I can trust the company that will run my whole system.

Edited by thehoe92

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

• 4 weeks later...