Sonic Electronix

Rca Cables, A Quesiton For My Own Install & For Future Refferance

hey guys ! ever since future shop completely botched our install, we have taken it apon ourselfs to now learn how to do it ourselfs, and not only that do cheap installs on the side's for our friends just to get started.

Our first project is going to be a :

4v pioneer head-unit

MA audio 750 RMS 2 channel amplifier

2x RE audio SR 12'' (d2's) in a ported enclosure

we are instalilng this setup in my GF's friends sunfire, we selected the gear for her budget and it all seems to match up well.

my question is, from what i can remember when i used to be into car audio around 2001, is that RCA cables are supsoed to be as far away as possible as all other wires to eliminate any noise or interuption of the signal.

If somebody could please clear that up it would be great !

smdsignature.jpg

hey guys ! ever since future shop completely botched our install, we have taken it apon ourselfs to now learn how to do it ourselfs, and not only that do cheap installs on the side's for our friends just to get started.

Our first project is going to be a :

4v pioneer head-unit

MA audio 750 RMS 2 channel amplifier

2x RE audio SR 12'' (d2's) in a ported enclosure

we are instalilng this setup in my GF's friends sunfire, we selected the gear for her budget and it all seems to match up well.

my question is, from what i can remember when i used to be into car audio around 2001, is that RCA cables are supsoed to be as far away as possible as all other wires to eliminate any noise or interuption of the signal.

If somebody could please clear that up it would be great !

Just run the rca's opposite side of the power wire.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Just run the rca's opposite side of the power wire.

Hmmm, another mess-up futureshop has my RCA cables litterally entangled with my o gauge ground and power-wire, what type of issues could this be causing ? and could it be contributing to the exessive over-heating i was experiancing ? maybe i over-compensated by tunning everything down so much thats why it doesnt heat up anymore as bad, but maybe the RCA cables being bundled right in with everything else has somthing to do with it.

because my system seems extremely quiet unless it is cranked. That could also be my 2.2v head unit aswell, but with the gain set right that shouldnt be an issue. So i am starting to think maybe the RCA's being right beside everything else could be effecting it, opinions guys ?

smdsignature.jpg

Hmmm, another mess-up futureshop has my RCA cables litterally entangled with my o gauge ground and power-wire, what type of issues could this be causing ? and could it be contributing to the exessive over-heating i was experiancing ? maybe i over-compensated by tunning everything down so much thats why it doesnt heat up anymore as bad, but maybe the RCA cables being bundled right in with everything else has somthing to do with it.

because my system seems extremely quiet unless it is cranked. That could also be my 2.2v head unit aswell, but with the gain set right that shouldnt be an issue. So i am starting to think maybe the RCA's being right beside everything else could be effecting it, opinions guys ?

Also verify all of the connections espically the ground they usually just use a self tapping screw to hold it in place. I pefer to bolt mine down. using an existing bolt or making a new location...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Also verify all of the connections espically the ground they usually just use a self tapping screw to hold it in place. I pefer to bolt mine down. using an existing bolt or making a new location...

Theyre grounds where so shotty, that everybody was getting hit with lightning bolts when they got out of the car. They did not replace the chasis ground with 0 gauge, they left it as the tiny little wire it origonally was, they never grounded to the engine block with 0 gauge like they where suposed to, and they also never replaced the u gauge power wire comming from my alternator to my battery.

All thease factors where causing huge electrical drain on my system, and they are all taken care of now and functioning way better because of it. But i need to know the full consiquences of doing this, what kind of danger it put us in and also what type of problems would running all three wires right beside each other do ?

This is all for legal reasons because i have stated in my old threads, we are going to small claims court with them and we would rather try to proove incompitence than sue them for the price of all our gear. Because if we get the win for incompetence im sure that they will be forced to re-emburse us the full price for the installation we paid for there. Also any compensation for putting us in danger by not grounding 2600 RMS propperly with some pretty big powercells involved.

remember i really need some detailed info guys for legal reasons, also about the ground issue and how big of a danger that was would really help. I need everything i can build agianst them to proove incompitence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DBqdsYyBY

smdsignature.jpg

Make sure to take lots of detailed photos of everything.

we have video of it all, and are going to complie it into a short-film thing of evidence, i dont know really know how else to present it.

Also guys, what should be a beginners tool-kit for installing a basic system & building box's ?

thanks guys i appreciate your kindness alot i feel very welcome hear ! i cant wait to do our first install.

I have done some b4 in the past along time ago but forgot most of it alon the way but i was able to install the amp just wasnt good at hiding things but im alot older now and more mature and i will deffinatly take my time and make a build journal of this one since it will be my very first !

Edited by knowledgestick
smdsignature.jpg

i doubt your going to win anything. a lot of shops wire rcas with power, i know a couple people that work at shops and do the same thing. what did you pay to have it installed?(most shops only charge $75 to run a kit) you do know it takes money to get a claim started right?it might be worth it to take the loss and stop crying about it and fix it your self. it takes maybe 10 minutes to do.

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i doubt your going to win anything. a lot of shops wire rcas with power, i know a couple people that work at shops and do the same thing. what did you pay to have it installed?(most shops only charge $75) you do know it takes money to get a claim started right?it might be worth it to take the loss and stop crying about it and fix it your self. it takes maybe 10 minutes to do.

well they did alot of things wrong, i asked them to do the big 3 upgrades in terms of grounds and everything, they did not. All our grounds where tiny little wires and people where getting huge shocks from the car, it seemed to stop suddenly and mysteriously as soon as the new shop we took our car to to get it fixed, did all the 0 gauge upgrades to our wires. I feel we where in atleast some level of danger driving that car if it was not grounded propperly with that much RMS flowing through it.

i am going to fix the RCA's my self hehe :) funny you mentioned that, going to be the first bit of work we do before we do our friends install in 1 months time. We are also going to build the new top section of our box and re-port it

please guys check the post above and answer ! gotta make sure i have all the propper equipment come install time :) P.S where can i get those things you need to remove a head-unit with ?

i am so exited to get started, this hole mess-up with futureshop has really motivated me.

BTW we spent 1300 dollars in total on the entire install, they messed our amp wrack up bad and our amp came unplugged partially and was sparking and cutting in and out, i didnt notice this because i didnt turnit on theni took it to them they said they couldnt find any problems with it i brought it home looked over it and noticed that and was like holy fuck im lucky that didnt touch the other wire or i might be needing a new amplifier.

that 1300 dollars paid for alot of very sloppy custom work and they made alot of very immature rookie mistakes.

yup crash all our grounds are in the same place, but we do not have our rear battery grounded up front, i think this is normal though.

Edited by knowledgestick
smdsignature.jpg